Oscars...

...Jim Thompson

| 1962 | "Those [of us] who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night" -Edgar Allan Poe

Town Hall thinks that people who despise Trump are suffering from hysteria.

All it takes to despise Trump is some judgment of character and a distaste for persistent lying.

Town Hall clearly can't manage either. Neither can Jim.

It's a pity they chose to flaunt their inadequacies.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

I don't know anyone who watches the Oscars, either. Seems like all you have to do to win an Oscar these days is to make a film which would pass for an English language film of moderate quality 30 years ago.

Hollywood's main market much of the time now is not the English-speaking world; lots of fourth generation sequels and action movies with dialog easy to translate to Mandarin.

Idioms and nuance don't translate well. A $100 million film which barely recoups its budget domestically will often easily make $300 million gross overseas, so they know their market and Asia wants the worst of what America has to offer.

Reply to
bitrex

...or have a man diddling a boy.

No, their main market is leftist snowflakes, like you.

Reply to
krw

What are you even talking about? Did some movie have that in it recently? Do you go looking for movies to feel outraged over? Are you the gay movie content expert or something?

Reply to
bitrex

Not only are you dumb but obviously deaf. "Call Me By Your Name"

Yes. It's amazing that you're amazed.

It's hard to avoid leftist culture, unfortunately.

No, of course not. I just know something about the world around me. Something of which you're totally clueless.

Reply to
krw