Osc with .5.5mv supply voltage

I ran across a site that has osc. experiments. The guy built an oscillator that starts and runs at

5.5mv (0.0055V) and runs at 800hz. He worked his way down from around 50mv. Anyone think they can beat 5.5mv? :-) MikeK
Reply to
amdx

A bimetallic thermo switch or buzzer type of thing?

VLV

Reply to
Vladimir Vassilevsky

On a sunny day (Thu, 11 Nov 2010 08:13:21 -0600) it happened "amdx" wrote in :

Any resistor heated by any voltage generates heat. Heat is EM radiation. So that is an IR oscillator. Cigar?

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

link?

John

Are you referring to the supply voltage or the output?

If it's output, I guess R divider will do :)

Jamie..

Reply to
Jamie

You accept Cuban?

Reply to
Jamie

--
Link?
Reply to

On a sunny day (Thu, 11 Nov 2010 11:38:33 -0500) it happened Jamie wrote in :

I like Fidel :-) I am glad he is back :-)

Reply to
Jan Panteltje
[...]

Same thing they did about the megatonnes of lead in car batteries I expect.

--

John Devereux
Reply to

I hope they swallowed some ;-)

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Fred Abse

Hell, it is almost impossible to beat 350mV..

Reply to
Robert Baer

FET MikeK

Reply to
amdx

Not exactly what I was talking about. But go ahead and have a cigar, you deserve it for some of your other stuff! MikeK

Reply to
amdx

Sorry, That's input voltage. Scopes looks like it reads 200mv output. MikeK MikeK

Reply to
amdx

amdx wrote: : I ran across a site that has osc. experiments. : The guy built an oscillator that starts and runs at : 5.5mv (0.0055V) and runs at 800hz. : He worked his way down from around 50mv. : Anyone think they can beat 5.5mv? :-)

A Josephson oscillator generates approximately half-GHz per microvolt, and they are useable at 4.2K perhaps down to that one-uV bias. A HiTc JJ would generate about 2.65 teraHz at 5.5mV bias voltage - a colleaque actually uses one to illuminate a THz detector.

This is cheating (a sort of) really - the original FET circuit you referred to is clever and inspiring.

Regards, Mikko

Reply to
Okkim Atnarivik