online IC database?

What's a good online integrated circuits database/search engine to search for analog ICs (that I can buy in small quantity)?

Reply to
james

  1. If you are looking for somewhat odd parts or old parts, sites like following may help you. You have to ask for a quote first though. But chances are, someone in the world will have it.
  2. These days some analog IC manufacturers operate their own shops.
  3. Otherwise usual online distributors like followings are convenient.
  4. Asking free samples. There are techniques and rules to this, but usually when a new part is introduced by a silicon vendor, and if it is relatively cheap for large quantity, I have been with a good luck. They won't give you free sample of part like ADC10D1000(a 1Gsps ADC) unless you are a large corporation.

Atsunori

Reply to
Atsunori Tamagawa

In addition to the usual vendors, there are search sites that perform aggregate searches of the usual vendors. Try

and

Rich Webb     Norfolk, VA
Reply to
Rich Webb

james schrieb:

Just Databases:

HTH

Reinhard

Reply to
Reinhard Zwirner

Thanks to all who provided some very good links. I was looking for a constant current IC to power some LEDs. When I use alldatasheet to search "constant current", it found "constant current LED driver"!

Octopart also seems very useful. It gave the part name and stores that sell it, along with the price.

It does not indicate where I can get free sample. Just kidding :) The part is only a few bucks, I'd be happy to pay for the part and get free shipping (which cost more than the part).

BTW, isn't there an electronics parts store called "Fordham radio" or something that I used to receive catalogs from. I can no longer find it; just curious what happened to it.

Reply to
james