ON app note - can you read it?

Mines Acrobat 9 and reads it just fine - its the most recent free version I've found so far.

Reply to
Ian Field

Well that's interesting.

I only went up to 6.01 from 5.05 when it became apparent that 6 was the last rev to do no harm in the MS OS's (preceding XP), if you could stand it.

One bridge too far.

I don't credit Adobe with 'keeping things together'; the pdf format originated as open-source.

RL

Reply to
legg

Chrome + PDF-Xchange viewer work fine here, I have Chrome save the file then open with viewer, never let .pdfs open in browser as too slow and flaky in the past.

Grant.

Reply to
Grant

I was able to download and read the PDF file with no problems. I used the free Nitro PDF Reader. Look here to download it:

Do be aware that Adobe 6 is considered ancient by this time and there will be quite a bit of published content on the web that uses newer version features.

--
Michael Karas
Carousel Design Solutions

copy

If the underlying basis of PDF really is open-source (backup please), = then Adobe charging thousands for a copy of the "standard" may be vastly inappropriate or worse. Of course that would match up with their = behavior with Adobe Type Manager and associated fonts.

Reply to
josephkk