Oldschool tubes

Here is yours truly attempting 360's in the features park at Sugar Bowl:

Well, it's hard to hold a camera and spin at the same time.

I'm about as close to a jock that my family had created up to then (not very close) but The Brat is a real athelete. I can still out-ski her just because I'm crazier than she is.

Sanity is over-rated.

lunatic fringe electronics

That coyotes actually eat roadrunners?

Reply to
krw

360's are easy. I've even done them on 210cm cross-country skis with rat-trap bindings, just to prove it's possible. The hard part of learning is to overcome the fear of leaning back when you're traveling backwards; without that you can't initiate the second 180 properly.

Clifford Heath

Reply to
Clifford Heath

The trick is to transition to the opposite set of edges at the instant you're going backwards. With a camera in one hand and two poles in the other, my timing didn't work right. I have a helmet (which I seldom wear) and a GoPro to mount on it (which I haven't got around to figuring out) so I could do it better.

Fear never affects me. Clumsiness does.

lunatic fringe electronics

Would you want to eat a stringy, almost meatless bird?

Reply to
Michael A Terrell

Keyword: almost

Reply to
krw

There are Jackrabbits and other animals that are a lot slower, and provide more food than a Roadrunner. Not only that, but the Coyote is a self described 'Genius'. :)

Reply to
Michael A Terrell

Use the hole-edge to whittle quartz, or to shave metal slabs into mirrors.

Or would we all die from Hawking rad flux?

Two portable holes against each other:

Bill Beaty

"Super Genius", in fact.

Coyote is at one end of the curve: ranks high on clever, inventive, and cunning, but barely moves the needle on the wise-meter.

Reply to
Dave Platt