old test gear

Everybody has the usual frou-frou stuff, that's boring.

Alright, way to go! A single tap kegerator would be perfect:

This is a suitable version for the engineering area:

Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

There! I *just* knew it! :-)

That advice was just *so* like those disclaimers on children's TV programmes along the line of "Don't do this at home!" which only incites their target audience into trying just what they were told not to do at home by the very planting of such novel ideas into young[1] enquiring minds.

[1] Youth is not a requirement for an enquiring mind, it just improves the odds of an enquiry being undertaken against all, seemingly sane, advice. :-)
--
Johnny B Good
Reply to

Grin. In the early days of my career, I shared a lab with a technician repairing NIM bin power supplies. He had a habit of blowing up caps, involuntarily. There were quite a few occasions of Hisss! Bang!!

*&^%$#@!

Jeroen Bellleman

Reply to
Jeroen Belleman

:

:) There were meters like that, using a focussed lightbulb IIRC.

rojector.

together. But when it's all in one & ready to work the upsides are obvious .

cal configuration that would allow a scope to be usefully placed on a workb ench or table while projecting an image on a wall. But that is as much a p roblem with the use case in general, having the projector built into the sc ope just makes it worse. Most likely the projector should be mounted somew here high and behind you, a bad place for a scope body, so an external proj ector is the right way to go.

id want a projecting scope, a built in display would be far cheaper, smalle r & lighter than a full featured external projector as the required feature s are far more basic. It would also be more convenient. A control would be required to adjust for the angle of the wall relative to the projector - no t at all difficult.

Maybe you work in a weird lab where your scope is some distance from the wa ll with no obstructions. Every place I've worked the benches are ether aga inst the wall where any projection would be tiny or they sit back to back w ith other benches with no wall to project on usefully.

Now if the projector was not built in, I could put that projector somewhere that it would project on the wall above the bench so I could see it, but c raning my head up and down from the board to the scope would be worse than the scope sitting on the bench shelf.

I've considered putting a TV behind my bench to use as a computer monitor. Then I'd use a PC attached scope in a window and still have more resolutio n than any bench scope on the market and still be as cheap with more flexib ility.

I am a Luddite when it comes to some things, but I don't mind having a comp uter on my lab bench.

Rick C.

Reply to
gnuarm.deletethisbit

te:

? :) There were meters like that, using a focussed lightbulb IIRC.

oprojector.

es together. But when it's all in one & ready to work the upsides are obvio us.

nical configuration that would allow a scope to be usefully placed on a wor kbench or table while projecting an image on a wall. But that is as much a problem with the use case in general, having the projector built into the scope just makes it worse. Most likely the projector should be mounted som ewhere high and behind you, a bad place for a scope body, so an external pr ojector is the right way to go.

did want a projecting scope, a built in display would be far cheaper, smal ler & lighter than a full featured external projector as the required featu res are far more basic. It would also be more convenient. A control would b e required to adjust for the angle of the wall relative to the projector - not at all difficult.

wall with no obstructions. Every place I've worked the benches are ether a gainst the wall where any projection would be tiny or they sit back to back with other benches with no wall to project on usefully.

re that it would project on the wall above the bench so I could see it, but craning my head up and down from the board to the scope would be worse tha n the scope sitting on the bench shelf.

. Then I'd use a PC attached scope in a window and still have more resolut ion than any bench scope on the market and still be as cheap with more flex ibility.

mputer on my lab bench.

You're not thinking this through. Have a good one.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

rote:

ll? :) There were meters like that, using a focussed lightbulb IIRC.

icoprojector.

ules together. But when it's all in one & ready to work the upsides are obv ious.

hanical configuration that would allow a scope to be usefully placed on a w orkbench or table while projecting an image on a wall. But that is as much a problem with the use case in general, having the projector built into th e scope just makes it worse. Most likely the projector should be mounted s omewhere high and behind you, a bad place for a scope body, so an external projector is the right way to go.

ne did want a projecting scope, a built in display would be far cheaper, sm aller & lighter than a full featured external projector as the required fea tures are far more basic. It would also be more convenient. A control would be required to adjust for the angle of the wall relative to the projector

- not at all difficult.

e wall with no obstructions. Every place I've worked the benches are ether against the wall where any projection would be tiny or they sit back to ba ck with other benches with no wall to project on usefully.

here that it would project on the wall above the bench so I could see it, b ut craning my head up and down from the board to the scope would be worse t han the scope sitting on the bench shelf.

or. Then I'd use a PC attached scope in a window and still have more resol ution than any bench scope on the market and still be as cheap with more fl exibility.

computer on my lab bench.

Oh, now I see. Of course!

Rick C.

Reply to