NTC caps

Good guys:

They have NTCs in stock, or will make what you need.

They made me some special 3.3pF N4700s, and we just got some N750s from stock.

We have been having problems with one oscillator. Turns out that someone else shipped us a reel of NPOs when we ordered N750s.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Is the tolerance on dC/dT any better than usual? BITD it was around +-10%-20% iirc.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
pcdhobbs

We just measured N4900 on the N4700s. That's pretty good... and actually hard to measure accurately.

I plan to pad them with series COGs until this new oscillator is compensated, so -4900 is fine.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Not good- especially when you get a reel of 10K pcs wrongly marked and you don't find out until they've all been fitted to PCBs, along with the other 4000 parts fitted to a DS 12 layer boars and they all have to come off :(

TTman

Will they color code them? I want them to be the square root of ten pF times the square root ten to the color code power. (10^1/2) * (10^1/2)^color code. That gets me.

Black 3.16pF Brown 10pF Red 31.6pF Orange 100pF Yellow 316pF Green 1000pF Blue 3160pF Violet 10000pF Gray 31600pF White 100000pF

That would handle most of my NPO cap needs. Resistors I can check with a meter. Cap values are lost once they go free range.

Reply to
Wanderer

I wish that surface-mount caps were color coded. A single color dot could be a sort of checksum. Encoding the value on an 0603 would be tricky. Microscopic bar code?

lunatic fringe electronics

Use the old body end spot approach, but make it side 1 side 2 then top. It's just cheaper not to.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Ceramic capacitors have been labeled, just like resistors, on very rare occasion.

I've seen numbers in black enamel before.

Very rare.

Tim

--
Seven Transistor Labs, LLC