NPN protective zener

On a sunny day (Sun, 23 Jun 2019 11:21:56 -0700 (PDT)) it happened Lasse Langwadt Christensen wrote

Thank you.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

tracer.

beyond a power supply which the name refers to?

;)

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

On a sunny day (Sun, 23 Jun 2019 12:09:36 -0700 (PDT)) it happened Lasse Langwadt Christensen wrote in :

Somehow that brings up a picture of a DC coupled audio power amp with some current limiting.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

On Sunday, June 23, 2019 at 3:09:39 PM UTC-4, Lasse Langwadt Christensen wr ote:

ll

ve tracer.

es beyond a power supply which the name refers to?

Thanks. It literally didn't occur to me Wikipedia would have a page on thi s.

--

  Rick C.

  + Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
Rick C

But fully programmable and interfaced, nanovolts to hundreds of volts, fA to amps, CV/CC, floating, and seriously accurate. Many of our test racks include a Keysight SMU.

I've considered going into the SMU business, but it would be seriously difficult.

It ought to measure capacitance too.

lunatic fringe electronics

Is this what all these snippets you've posted about pulse generators are related to?

Cursitor Doom

Huh, you should do the photo-electric effect with them...

George H.

Reply to
George Herold
[about long settling times for low-current measurement]

My experience is mainly with ionizing X-rays, in a gas (capacitor), also known as an ion chamber. For near-visible UV in an environment of mixed materials (insulating polymers, coatings, printed wiring boards with mask and epoxy/fiberglass insulation), I'd expect surface charges to dissipate but cannot be sure how penetrating the radiation is, nor what materials are the most sensitive.

280nm LEDs? is there any ozone generated? That's almost vacuum UV! Is it a harmonic generation from a laser?
Reply to
whit3rd

On a sunny day (Sun, 23 Jun 2019 13:50:31 -0700) it happened John Larkin wrote in :

So HiFi audio amp for golden ears, that explains the price ;-)

Market big enough?

There seems to be a tendency to make things (all things) that can do everything. I bought a new Canon camera last week, and having had 3 and a lot of experience, I almost got to the point of wanting to return it. Anyways, reading the manual did help a bit.... It can do a lot of things, but the things I want it do??? Anyways macro mode works OK, one thing I use it for. Zoom is very powerful too, if you can hold it still.... Beginning to like it.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

On a sunny day (Sun, 23 Jun 2019 22:56:28 -0700 (PDT)) it happened whit3rd wrote in :

I still have an 220V UV EPROM erase tube, that should do.

it would need to be mounted in a separate box shining in through some metal grid I suppose. Fun shining that at some stuff.. fluorescence...

Have an UV flashlight to check banknotes too... No idea about the wavelength,

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

I'll try it out during the summer vacation!

There's basically no ozone generation with these ones - wavelenght is at the limit of O3 generation and the power is in the 0.5mW region. These are real LEDs from SETi, no doubling/tripling. Looks like they're no longer marketing these (UVTOP-series), they're leftovers from a project about 10 years ago.

--
mikko
Reply to

What did SETi do with UV lEDs? Hmm, SETi, lower-case intelligence?

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

No, that's a different business. We do both fast pulse stuff and precision analog stuff, which are distinctly different technologies and customers. We used to do NMR gradient drivers, which sort of overlap.

lunatic fringe electronics

Looking for dumb aliens.

lunatic fringe electronics

The beta loss is indicative of progressive junction damage, which is what would make me nervous about this idea. Sounds like a long-term reliability headache.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

http://electrooptical.net
http://hobbs-eo.com
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

I bet we could play music through the SMU, USB or Ethernet interface.

I'd love to get semiconductor CV curves easily. The SMU would need two channels that can also measure capacitance.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Or you could make a laser-produced plasma by focusing down a pulsed YAG laser. ;)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

(Who actually has a patent on suppressing static charge inside semiconductor litho tools by doing that. One of my old boss's enthusiasms.)

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

http://electrooptical.net
http://hobbs-eo.com
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Wire a couple of Boonton 72s in series with the SMUs!

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
pcdhobbs

Yes, they have bias inputs on the back. Where's the Ethernet connector?

Didn't one of the Boontons have BCD out?

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

I ran a small NPN as a b-e zener for a week or so. The voltage declined a bit, roughly 1% as I recall, and seemed to be leveling out.