Now that we know windmill noise causes Cancer

His latest complaint is about the relative cost of shipping, China vs USA. Chinese suppliers can sell you a functional PCB for 99 cents, with free shipping included from China. The US postal service actually pays for that. It would cost me more to ship that package across the bay to Oakland.

He's threatening to leave the international postal organization over the pricing. He's right.

The Chinese are shipping us a lot of fentanyl too, at the same low rates.

 Click to see the full signature

He cut our corporate income taxes by a lot. So we just had some gigantic bonuses. Huuuge bonuses.

 Click to see the full signature

I recently saw 51% approval, up a lot now that the Mueller/Russian thing has fizzled. If the dems in Congress keep pounding, it will only make him more popular.

As in the election, the polls seriously under-rate his popularity. The morning of the election, big name pollsters were giving him a 5% chance of winning. 16 hours later he had 304 electoral votes. Talking heads exploded.

The dems are, I suspect, damaging themselves even more than Hillary did, among the un-degreed deplorables that elected Trump. He will probably get the majority of the hispanic vote, and a lot of the other traditional Dem voters.

 Click to see the full signature

Not a consistent world view. Logically invalid, in fact.

Reply to
whit3rd

This is a decent site. (very left leaning editorial-wise)

DT has been amazingly constant in the polls ~52% disapprove and ~42% approve.

Given the economy he should be doing better.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

Well, maybe he is.

 Click to see the full signature

Rasmussen says 51%.

But that's probably about as accurate as the many pollsters who predicted the Hillary Clinton landslide. I mean, the landslide in her favor.

 Click to see the full signature

Trump absolutely is doing better. Oh, you mean in the polls. I thought yo u were talking about his hotels. Well, we know what motivates Trump the mo st. So no wonder his hotels are doing well even if he is still very unpopu lar. Too bad we don't have a government where you can recall politicians.

--
  Rick C.

  + Get a 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
gnuarm.deletethisbit

He usually makes sense to John Larkin, who does seem to be as gullible as t he usual Trump supporter. People who can do fact-checking have noticed that Trump lies a lot. It's not difficult to concoct a sensible sounding lie. D enialist web-sites are full of them.

They may not be dumb but they do seem to be gullible.

You can take a horse's ass to college, but you can't make him think.

John Larkin got through Tulane but remains depserately gullible.

--
Bill Sloman, Syndey
Reply to

Grin, you are right... wtf do I know of poles? (except keep 'em all on the left 1/2 of the plane :^)

GH

Reply to
George Herold

But you aren't working class, and you'll suffer, just like everybody else from the huuuge budget deficit that came with your company tax cut.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

There's one poll that show him at 51% and four others that show him at 45+/

-1%.

Trust John Larkin to g for the result he likes.

Actually Nate Silver gave him a 33% chance of winning, and pointed out that some sports team had recently won against similar odds.

Trump didn't win in 2016 because he was popular - he won because the Russia ns had targetted crcuial swing states and got him a 77,000 vote majority wh ere it mattered, which Trumped Clintons 2.9 million lead on the popular vot e.

Seems unlikely. The voters will have had four years to appreciate just how hopelss Trump is, and some of them are bright enough to notice.

And the Russians will be watched a lot more carefully this time around. Tru mp as president seems to have been quite a bad for the US as the Russians h ad hoped, and they will presumably try even harder to keep him in power, bu t they'll have to invent new ways of getting at the gullible voters in crcu ial states..

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Four others say 43%, 43%, 44% and 45%.

I don't recall anybody predicting a landslide. Maybe John Larkin could find a link to such a prediction?

--
Bill sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Probably true, unless the generator is converted into a motor which then fans the flames: "Windmill Fire Live Video Palladam Tamilnadu 2016" (2:43)

The larger turbines usually have separate utility power or a local battery pile and inverter to run the electronics independent of the wind generator. That allows powered feathering (turning 90 degrees to the wind), maintenance, and control/monitoring on days when there is no wind. Incidentally, most of the black smog coming from a burning wind turbine is from 10 to 60 gallons of lubricating oil in the gearbox, generator, and blade swivels. There's also some hydraulic fluid in the actuators and braking system. If you look carefully at the end of the above video, you'll see black smoke coming the tip of one of the blades. "Where are hydraulics used in a wind turbine?"

"Wind turbine noise: the facts and the evidence" Noise is not really a problem.

"Wind turbine sound - high quality audio" I listed to all 10 minutes of the recording and show no evidence of cancer symptoms.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

And Hungarians on the right half of the plane?

 Click to see the full signature

His popularity measures the number of people who are gullible enough to beleive his lies. That's more or less independent of the state of the economy.

There are measures of success other than than popularity over the whole electorate - the electroal college provided one when they installed him as president after he'd lost the popular vote by 2.9 million votes.

Far right, politically at the moment, but on the edge of a cliff rather than on a plain. If they get any more rabid, they may fall over.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Martin Rid wrote in news:q885qe$8lr$1@dont- email.me:

It is not fun to watch you post 100% out of proper formatting.

You quote folks and their quote ends up as a single string. How quiant... NOT. Then YOUR test ends up being your sig.

Dude, either you or your news client or both are completely f***ed up. Damn can you not see it yourself when looking at the shit you post?

That is not about your content though.

Just get a decent news client. Your current one, or the setting you applied to it, is about the most lame posting method I have ever seen in Usenet.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

John Larkin wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

You are a huge idiot and you do not represent 'the working class' dipshit. You are a company owner. There is a huge difference.

So no.... dumbfuck... there are no thousands of employers doing the thing you did, and none claiming the boost you claimed to have gotten, and likely NONE that are divying it up amongst their employees in the form of huuuuug bonuses.

BTW did you disperse said bonuses among your entire employee staff, or just those you favored?

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Youtube has shipwrecks and ski crashes and wingsuits.

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature

My manufacturing and office people are "working class."

NONE is a pretty strong word. I've heard of other employers increasing wages and bonuses after the tax cut. I guess yours didn't.

Every one, except me. I had them donate mine to my favorite charity, as I usually do. My house is paid for and I'm on Social Security so I don't need the money.