North Korea is next

Baloney. Only the first may have been a dud.

Why are you asking me? You're the one claiming to know the details of what capability NK has.

Information is readily available, just look and learn. Thanks for spottin g the capitalization typo nit, it's about all that you have right.

South Korean Government's initial yield estimate is 100 kt,[27] and it dete cted a 5.7 magnitude earthquake.[33] NORSAR Seismology Center initial estimate is 120 kt,[28] based on a magnitu de 5.8 tremor. On 12 Sept 2017, this was revised to an estimate of 250 kt b ased on a magnitude 6.1 instead.[4] The German Federal Institute for Geosciences and Natural Resources estimate is "a few hundred kt",[29] based on a 6.1 detected tremor. The Japan Meteo rological Agency also detected a 6.1 magnitude tremor.[34] from USGS: "[Magnitude] 6.3 Explosion ... Possible explosion, located near the site where North Korea has detonated nuclear explosions in the past. If this event was an explosion, the USGS National Earthquake Information Cent er cannot determine its type, whether nuclear or any other possible type." Depth and lat/lon location approximate. The China Earthquake Administration also detected a 6.3 magnitude earthquak e.[35] The University of Science and Technology of China[36] estimated the yield a

The Geophysical Service of the Russian Academy of Sciences registered a 6.4 magnitude earthquake.[37] The Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory estimated 250 kilotons.[30] Japanese Government: 160 kt.[2] U.S. Intelligence/Air Force Technical Applications Center: 70 to 280 kiloto ns.[2

Reply to
trader4

The argument having been lost, the name calling begins. The point was not about the timeline or the urgency. The point was it only took the USA one test to get a working nuclear bomb. NK has had 6 tests now over many years, the last test was an order of magnitude larger yield than the US bombs used on Japan. To think that NK doesn't have working bombs and that they are not rapidly churning out more, is beyond ridiculous.

Reply to
trader4

You don't need an industrial engine. You just need to commit the necessary resources into a nuclear program and NK has been doing that for at least a couple decades now. NK has demonstrated that they can produce weapons grade fission material and can build working bombs. The last one tested had a yield an order of magnitude greater than the US bombs that totally destroyed two cities.

Obviously not. They have those things that go Boom! now. And it's a rational strategy given what they saw the US and the West do with Gaddafi, who gave up his nuke program and WMDS and complied with our demands.

EVERYTHING they have, they BOUGHT elsewhere. You

You don't know where all of it came from versus what they developed on their own. But it's largely irrelevant, because they have demonstrated that they can make working nuclear weapons and we know they are churning out more fissile material to make more.

The argument having been lost, the ad hominem attacks begin. The Russians weren't mostly driving at all, ie they were to poor a nation for their people to even own one and what cars there were, were real pieces of crap. But they managed to make enough nukes 50 years ago that could have ended life as we know it on the planet.

Reply to
trader4

ROFL

Of course the leaders of NK, Iran and any other similar countries saw and paid attention to what happened to Gaddafi. Gaddafi complied with what the West and especially the USA wanted. He gave up his nuclear program, his WMDs, he handed his uranium over to the USA and we're using it today. In return, Obama and Hillary bombed him, supported the rebels taking him out, and gloated when he was hunted down and killed. I believe NK has even commented on it. KJU isn't going to be stupid and follow that path. Especially with liar Trump in the White House. Trump lies and lies and when he's not doing that he flips and he flops. One day the fool threatens to wipe NK out, the next he praises KJU and says he loves him, tomorrow, who knows.....

Reply to
trader4

snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

You're a goddamned retarded speculating idiot. You have no clue what any of them have ever paiod attention to.

He did no such thing you stupid twit. He, in fact did exactly what Arafat did. He claimed to be complying, yet continued to promote and support terrorism.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Trump got treated like a president, so both sides win.

Jasen Betts

His faults go far deeper than that. Don't waste your time.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Almost all of them aren't driving anything. They aren't even paid enough to eat enough to survive. Industrially it's a wasteland.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

My fundamental fault - as far as NT is concerned - is that I don't take him seriously. Nobody should, but NT is unwilling to get that message, which is actually a rather serious fault.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

paid attention to what happened to Gaddafi. Gaddafi complied with what th e West and especially the USA wanted. He gave up his nuclear program, his WMDs, he handed his uranium over to the USA and we're using it today. In r eturn, Obama and Hillary bombed him, supported the rebels taking him out, a nd gloated when he was hunted down and killed. I believe NK has even commen ted on it."

Well you obviously have no good sources. Saddam had to go because he switch ed to the euro and was about to drop billions of petrobuck in the world thu s devaluing our currency.

Want to know about Qahdaffi ? His WMD was the African gold dinar. Look it u p. Al those years he was fine and all the suddenly "all those years he has been a butcher and we must..." BULLSHIT. He was progressive for them people , so was Saddam.

That's why after tears and years they became a priotity, because they were going to hurt the US economy by destroying the petrobuck.

You sit there and type and profess to know what is going on and didn't know that ? Are you a liberal ?

Reply to
jurb6006

My fundamental fault - as far as BS is concerned - is that I don't take him seriously. Nobody should, but BS is unwilling to get that message, which is actually a rather serious fault.

Cursitor Doom

Wrong. Cursitor Doom's fundamental fault is that he's a gullible twit.

He takes the Daily Mail and Russia Today seriously, and I'm not nearly luna tic enough to get his attention.

That fact that he doesn't take me seriously is an incidental feature of his gullible twittery - there's nothing fundamental about it.

I'm happy to point out when his addiction right-wing propaganda sources has lead him to endorse particularly egregious nonsense, but I obviously don' t expect him to take me seriously - it's not as if I'm trying to peddle the kind lunatic conspiracy theory that would get his attention.

Whatever messages Cursitor Doom might be trying to send, nobody in their ri ght mind is going to take them seriously.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Nearly everyone has him killfiled. Do yourself a favour, discussions with him are always a complete waste of time, too much bs, no point and more bs. And childish ad hominem aplenty. It's what NPDs do.

Reply to
tabbypurr

There are still some extreme Left-wing idiots here that respond to his silly nonsense, though. So they have to be KF'd as well. Probably 60% of the posters here are in my KF. Some for extreme Leftist views, some for being very rude, some for being ignorant and others for posting rubbish then following up their own rubbish, referencing it all over again (bitrex for example).

I don't expect him to change his mind. But it's important to give people like Bill a periodic ideological arse-kicking just so other readers can see what a load of old bollocks they post. Bill's philosophy is easy to attack and deconstruct if you have the important life skill of critical thinking.

Cursitor Doom

Personally I don't have a problem with people's political views. I can gene rally just disagree with them, though some can be odious on occasion. Bill' s problem is a combination of mild antisocialness, persistent wilful stupid ity and determination to waste everyone's time. He does occasionally speak sense so he's not just an idiot, but from most of his postings one would ne ver guess it. Why I don't know, dementia, sanity, PD, who knows, but whatev er the cause the solution is a killfile.

There must be a billion opportunities to do that on the internet.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Maybe once in a blue moon he might post something useful IRO electronics, but it's so vanishingly rare he does! Bill has by far the worst S/N ratio of any poster here and he posts so much off-topic twaddle that it's simply infeasible *not* to KF him. Life's too short to waste it in futile arguments with someone so intransigent.

Cursitor Doom

This was my biggest laugh all day! Pot and kettle!!!

--

  Rick C.

  + Get a 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
gnuarm.deletethisbit

Yep.

Reply to
tabbypurr

Cursitor Doom is a right-wing idiot - more idiot than right-wing - so he do es post this kind of nonsense.

So few? When it gets to 100% we might get some relief from Cursitor Doom's idiocies.

Not so much ignorant, as not sharing Cursitor Doom's particular brand of ig norance which he mostly gets from the Daily Mail and Russia Today.

NT probably does suffer from a narcissistic personality disorder - when you think that everybody thinks like you, you post acronyms as substitutes for low frequency phrases. Because they get thrown at you all the time, you na turally assume that everybody else is equally familiar with the phrase and it's acronym.

I had to google NPD before I could work out what NT might be on about.

Curistor Doom does suffer from delusions of adequacy.

tant life skill of critical thinking.

Probably not true, but Cursitor Doom doesn't do critical thinking, and can' t recognise it when it is used to tear down his fatuous fantasies.

The delusion that he can do critical thinking has to be one of his more fat uous fantasies.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

I don't share NT's unfortunate delusions, which may strike NT as stupidity, but that's one more of his unfortunate delusions.

Disagreeing with NT is a waste of time. Pointing out when he is being dangerously wrong is more of a social duty. He sees the disagreement, and doesn't see the point of the correction.

If your ideas are as out of touch with reality as NT's and Cursitor Doom's are, there are indeed lots of opportunities to disagree with accepted wisdom.

They can gibber away to their heart's content.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to