Nixie tube counter

Hi, I am thinking of building a nixie tube counter that counts from 0-60 counting up every minute. I am going to use 2 4017's to do the counting but I am stuck on what to use for a suitable pulse generator that would create a pulse every minute to make the counter count up. Would a 555 timer work for this? or am I going about it the wrong way? It doesn't have to be accurate it is just for display. Any hints or help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Tom Waymouth

Reply to
tomw

Since a 555 would be extremely inaccurate, how about wiring an optical or hall-effect switch to the second hand of a real clock?

Reply to
John_H

Google for the many nixie tube clock designs on the web.

Reply to
Kryten

Have a look at

Regards,

Boris Mohar

void _-void-_ in the obvious place

Reply to
Boris Mohar

Look at the 4060 oscillator/divider chip.

Reply to
Mike Harrison

Thanks everybody the links and hints have been very helpfull

Reply to
tomw

Since you'll have 6.3VAC, rectify it and turn it into a 50/60Hz pulse stream then divide to suit.

Cheers.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Taylor