nine hundred million!

What I don't understand is why people keep dumping gigabucks into really stupid me-too ideas. And how anyone can squander 900 million dollars.

I wonder if anyone will get their Lily Drone pre-payment back.

 Click to see the full signature

"Then there?s the factor that many of these startups don?t have self-sustaining business models and are just burning through investor money, as if by design." You better believe it's by design! The insiders ar e bamboozling the investors and getting filthy rich in the process. They ne ver had any intention of making the business viable and profitable. It was always about making themselves and rich and making a sneaky exit.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

The small-scale equivalent is to live high off a succession of Kickstarter crowdfunded things.

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature

It doesn't matter whether something is worth X. All that matters is that next week you can sell it for more than you paid.

Hence /timing/ is /everything/. If a something is "in the news", then it is probably the last chance to sell - and too late to buy.

Reply to
Tom Gardner