nine hundred million!

http://wolfstreet.com/2017/07/11/jawbone-liquidates-death-by-overfunding/

What I don't understand is why people keep dumping gigabucks into
really stupid me-too ideas. And how anyone can squander 900 million
dollars.

I wonder if anyone will get their Lily Drone pre-payment back.

Re: nine hundred million!

"Then there?s the factor that many of these startups don?t
have self-sustaining business models and are just burning through investor
money, as if by design." You better believe it's by design! The insiders ar
e bamboozling the investors and getting filthy rich in the process. They ne
ver had any intention of making the business viable and profitable. It was
always about making themselves and rich and making a sneaky exit.

Re: nine hundred million!
On Wed, 12 Jul 2017 18:22:57 -0700 (PDT),

The small-scale equivalent is to live high off a succession of
Kickstarter crowdfunded things.

lunatic fringe electronics

Re: nine hundred million!

It doesn't matter whether something is worth X.
All that matters is that next week you can sell
it for more than you paid.

Hence /timing/ is /everything/. If a something
is "in the news", then it is probably the last
chance to sell - and too late to buy.

Site Timeline