Newest LTspice update has lots of AD op amps.

just saw it while updating.

cheers,

Gerhard

Reply to
Gerhard Hoffmann

Nice. Hopefully they're transistor-level like the LT ones.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

(who rode an elephant yesterday)

Reply to
pcdhobbs

I predicted this here, and was met with scepticism.

LT Spice was a significant reason that ADI purchased LTC.

lunatic fringe electronics

I don't know why anyone would have been sceptical, it was a logical outcome.

As far as I heard while an ADI employee (1982-2017), LTSpice played a minor role at best in the considerations leading to the acquisition. It was certainly a nice-to-have, but there were far stronger financial reasons for the acquisition than LTSpice. Most of these were discussed publicly when the deal was announced or afterwards.

Reply to
Steve Goldstein

The people and businesses who use LTSpice the most as their primary general-purpose sim probably buy LTC parts the least; "woah nice free sim!" and "this op-amp costs 17 bucks in quantities of 1k" are somewhat different market segments usually

Reply to
bitrex

Dunno about that - ADICE is better, but not distributed outside ADI. I wish it were. I miss it.

Reply to
Chris Jones

Yep. And _all_ of them are encrypted... so they'll run on LTspice _only_. ...Jim Thompson

| 1962 |

I've bought some LTC parts, mostly switchers, based on having a model in LT Spice.

lunatic fringe electronics

Same here. I work in a low-volume/high-margin world, so why screw around?

Reply to
DemonicTubes

We use LTspice for simple sims in order not to occupy a licensee for the bigger tools

We work in high volume and buy no LT parts

Cheers

Klaus

Reply to
Klaus Kragelund

Not rocket sconce to predict that if AD bought LT, they would add AD models to LTSpice. Dah....

Complete and utter nonsense. If LTSpice did not exist, it would have had zero effect on the purchase. This is trivially obvious.

You clearly have zero idea as to why companies buy other companies.

Foremost is to grab the *customers* that the assimilated company has. Period. Its about known incoming money. Next, is get the *real* money making products that the assimilated company has.

-- Kevin Aylward

- SuperSpice

Kevin Aylward