New win 10 pc cant get list of groups in mozilla thunderbird

I think I saw a post re this a while ago... anyone have a solution or pointer ?

TTman

Run Linux?

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

(all-Linux shop here)

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

http://electrooptical.net
http://hobbs-eo.com
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

My NNTP service at thecubenet.com has a bad SSL certificate, and it's necessary to add an exception before any connection succeeds. Thunderbird hides this error extremely well, so unless you know about it, you won't know how to look for a fix. Affects Linux also.

Of course, your problem may be completely different.

Clifford Heath

Reply to
Clifford Heath

Well maybe not a solution but the problem is identified :

Right there in the title.

Reply to
jurb6006

TTman wrote in news:pp3dt4$d3h$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

You input the news server name incorrectly.

Reply to
DLUNU

Yeah, what happened to all that concern about Win10 spying on users? I won't use it, but it seems most people are satisfied with whatever assurances MS offered.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

const char* msg_text = "lolwindows";

Reply to
bitrex

As in, none at all AFAICT.

I have contracts that require me to protect people's data "with not less than a reasonable standard of care", as well as protective orders (for confidential info of parties to litigation) where I could be fined or go to jail if I don't.

No MS slurpies in this shop, thanks.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

http://electrooptical.net
http://hobbs-eo.com
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

I suppose it depends on who you want to use as your news source. I sorted mine recently using news-eternal.I can give some pointers but I'm no guru...

Reply to
TTman

Other companies have the same kind of contractual obligation but that doesn't stop them from using Windows 10. Amazing the government doesn't care about security that much either. Just because they can't be sued. They didn't even bother to disable autorun on the Predator drone PCs as if running Windows wasn't bad enough.

The Chinese government went to Linux in the 90's. I wonder how many other governments use Windows.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

The Chinese and the Russians both make extensive use of Windows.

They just don't own the computers that run it :)

Clifford Heath.

Reply to
Clifford Heath

I wonder if the opposite could be true - that you'd be sued for *not* using a "reasonable standard of care" by using a "free" OS? No one said that courts were sane.

Reply to
krw