New LT Spice

The new LT Spice XVII seems to work and seems fast, but I can't get grid lines to appear on waveform plots. Any suggestions?

The old (version IV) and new versions are both on my desktop now for some reason.

--

John Larkin   Highland Technology, Inc   trk

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

OK, fixed it. Had to right-click the waveform area and click View/grid.

--

John Larkin   Highland Technology, Inc   trk

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

The background image thing is ugly.

--

John Larkin   Highland Technology, Inc   trk

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

The top bar is ugly. Looks like it was done in DOS or worse. Also, you can get the grid as you discovered, but the View drop down menu has a check box for the same and does not work on my computer.

Sad. How do I go back to the previous version?

Reply to
John S

Oops! The View drop-down menu is for the schematic panel only. My mistake.

Reply to
John S

John S wrote: snip

Install and run it on a different machine.

Reply to
Long Hair

Thats a Greek coffie stain.

Martin Riddle

I installed the new one (XVII) and both are on my PC desktop. I can run either. They each have their own libraries and such.

--

John Larkin   Highland Technology, Inc   trk

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

I created an empty all-white JPG file and aimed the program at that. I could do my company logo or something, too.

Looks like Analog Devices is warming up to LT Spice.

--

John Larkin   Highland Technology, Inc   trk

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

In my opinion, XVII sucks. The more I use it, the more problems appear.

Reply to
John S

John, maybe you could post one or two of your problem ASC files and we can take a look at it ?

I find that XVII works pretty well. I keep the older one (4) around though in case I need to compare but I find 17 is faster.

boB

Reply to
boB

It does seem faster although my simulations are mostly very simple. It is not the in the ASC file but in the interface where I was having a problem. I am not using it anymore, so I guess my complaint is moot.

Thanks for your reply, boB.

Reply to
John S

As annoying as I find LTspice (it causes me extra work to get model compatibility), the only "problem" I've encountered going from IV to XVII is that the .PLT file from IV doesn't always end up with the same X-axis scale when played on XVII. ...Jim Thompson

     It's what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

What problems are you seeing?

--

John Larkin   Highland Technology, Inc   trk

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

How'd you do that? When I just put a jpeg on the command line, it comes up trying to edit it as text.

I agree about the Antikythera Machine or whatever that ugly picture is supposed to be.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

http://electrooptical.net
https://hobbs-eo.com
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Never mind. Control panel -> operation -> background image.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

http://electrooptical.net
https://hobbs-eo.com
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Control Panel > Operation > Background Image. Choose one of the drop downs or point it to your own.

Reply to
Marke

another question...

i like to tweek values in a sim and quickly see the change in the plot. Problem with LT spice is that after every sim, the plot auto scales. This makes it difficult to visualize the change.

My work around has been to save the plot settings to a .plt file and set a hotkey for reload .plt file.

This is a pretty good work but is there a better way?

Is there a default .plt file that is always used after a sim? Can I put some command in the .cir file that will invoke my .plt file automatically?

I want the plot scales to always be as I have defined them in a .plt file and to not change every time i run a new sim.

thanks

Mark

Reply to
makolber

ps, i used to do this in pspice with a .cmd file. Mark

Reply to
makolber