New embedded design best-practices website.

I have created a new website

with which I am trying to capture and advocate embedded design and engineering best-practices. Please take a look at this site if you get a chance and feel free to contribute your knowledge to my goal.

- Keith

Reply to
Keith Huster

It is a cute way to farvest e-mail addresses so you can spam them. Requiring a login so that a person can follow a link to a publicly available document is a a nice touch.

Reply to
MooseFET

Looks hopeless to me. Thousands of people are trying to make money off free content and lots of ads; it rarely works.

And please, "best practices" is *so* last century.

John

He spelled his name wrong; should be Huckster.

Spams Usenet Paid-per-click site that directs to freely-available content Registration required -- Likely email address harvesting

JeffM

harvesting

I don't appreciate the negative comments without at least attempting to contact me. If you would have taken the time to read what my site is about then you would understand why I provided aggregated content and links to other available information as well as my own content contributions and other user content contributions.

And of course I am going to provide paid advertisements and links to other affiliated programs. I would like to be able to make at least a small amount of money for the time and effort that I have put into creating this site. I would also like to be able to cover the hosting costs so that I can afford to continue to host this site.

If you have any other CONSTRUCTIVE criticisms for my site then feel free to contact me personally and don't just rant on an open forum.

By the way... I am a real human being and I am not some bot trying to harvest email addresses (and I did spell my name correctly).

Keith

Reply to
husterk

Obviously you did not take the time to actually look at my site. Users are NOT REUIRED to login to view the internal and / or aggregated content. They are only required to login if they wish to contribute content. If you have any suggestions for my site I would be happen to hear them. This is my first attempt at a somewhat "professional" site and I could use all the help I can get.

Reply to
husterk

"And please, "best practices" is *so* last century."...

That type of thinking is exactly why I started this site. I have worked with too many vendors and colleagues that simply hack systems together till it works "good enough". Then they slap some shrink wrap on it and send it out the door. Rarely do people think about the long- term consequences of designing like this.

I am trying to detail best-practices so that people will stop designing this way and will start following a set of guidelines for all of their design projects (whether it be a mechanical, electrical, embedded, software, or web design). I currently work in the medical electronics / software field and we follow strict FDA guidelines for all of our products. I would like to see this type of design standards approach extended to all product designs from simple websites to complex electromechanical devices.

My plan is to aggregate as much user and third-party content as possible and then create detailed guidelines and / or white papers describing processes for creating specific devices as well as higher- level concepts of design. I am not simply trying to make money from this (although it would be a nice side effect).

Keith

Reply to
husterk

harvesting

Well then I guess you just will ignore those who tried to help you by pointing out how utterly silly what you are doing is.

I read your whole site. This was an effort on my part to see if there was anything good being offered.

No, I may not understand why you did. Please explain the purpose.

Stop trying to make money for now. Come up with something we want and then think about money. Without a product you have nothing to sell.

No, that would be silly. Others should be able to read my opinions. The open forum is the perfect place to put the constructive criticisms. They will not only help you. They will help all that read them.

Did somebody program a bot to claim that? :)

Reply to
MooseFET