NEVER BUY MAXIM

I don't think there is any other in the 10-TDFN package. This one is available, it's just that with Maxim one never knows for how long.

Nearly all of my Maxim design-out cases resulted in a re-layout and sometimes circuit changes. Half-bridge chips with 1ohm or less and >36V should be no problem, just not in that package.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

To paraphrase Jake and Elwood

what did they do to piss you off this time

--
Chisolm
Republic of Texas

Lying? Where, and whatever for? Opportunity doesn't seem to be connected with this issue, either. Left handed or right handed, LOTS of folk think the border wall is a boondoggle. I can think of one politician who likes it, but he also fantasizes not paying for it.

Reply to
whit3rd

The package isn't important, I just care about, say, 5--20V input voltage range (allowed, not variable) and a minimal number of external components. Even 5--15V would be acceptable. The chips I know of just aren't there.

I can't find many. There is one from LTC, too, but I don't remember the number.

Best regards, Piotr

Reply to
Piotr Wyderski

Can you use one of these and employ only half of it?

Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

It always makes sense

Reply to
Badbob

Never been a more disreputable pack of liars, cheats, and frauds than right-wing Evangelicals I don't believe, but they mostly came after Monroe's time.

Hope they kiss their messiah Adolf H's photo a sweet goodnight kiss every night like good sweeties.

Reply to
bitrex

Yeah, by way of analogy buying Maxim is like electing washed-up game show hosts. Promise the world, f*ck you in the ass, then run off with all the money.

The only silver lining is that "true believers" always get f***ed the hardest.

Reply to
bitrex

  • NEVER; the wall in China failed to do what was wanted; the Berlin wall, likewise and was torn down; the Magnoit line; wall of Jericho; etc...
  • That is a fish...

Reply to
Robert Baer

Bullshit. They're being built all around the world. Israel's works pretty damned well.

Berlin? Torn down? Are you really that stupid? It was torn down because it was no longer needed.

Reply to
krw

rote:

ggle.

ute

pport them.

oney.

But it's not along the whole border. They only build where it is cost-effec tive, which is much too complicated an idea for Trump to bother getting his head around.

Krw can't do joined up logic. The Berlin Wall as built by the (communist) E ast German regime to stem the catastrophic flow of skilled migrants from Ea st Germany to West German. It didn't work - or at least, not well enough - and the East German regime fell apart anyway.

Once the wall had failed in it's purpose it was torn down because it was no longer needed, but the regime that felt it had needed it had already faile d, and with it the need for a wall.

Trump needs his wall to keep his dumber supporters onside. There aren't eno ugh of them to keep him in power, so it really would be a fatuous extravaga nce if it were ever built. Krw, being one of the dumber of his supporters, isn't ever going to realise this.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Apart from all the tunnels running under the various walls.

Much of it was a minefield rather than a wall.

John

Reply to
jrwalliker

They work. Period.

Both worked. OK, I'm all for a mine field, if that's what it takes.

Reply to
krw

Krw isn't bright enough to quantify "they work" into subtle graduations, like "barely work", "sometimes work", "often work", "mostly easier to get around".

And it was no longer needed because it hadn't worked as intended.

And I'm all for sending krw on a walk through one.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

The fewer levels of management, the more gets done.

We have one customer, a big company that inherited the Philips style. They have 12 levels of management between working engineers and the CEO. I say "working" metaphorically, because they can't get much done.

Suppose an EE wants a hole drilled in a plate to pass a wire through. That has to go up about 6 levels, then back down, to get MEs and QC and supply chain people involved. The plate will have to have a new

12-digit part number and a zillion other documents need to be changed. Usually it just doesn't happen.

lunatic fringe electronics

:

t currently viable. The UK is in denial on this point, but economic realiti es becoming progressively more obvious (except perhaps to the likes of Curs itor Doom).

us

se

he

.

And more of what's get done is ill-conceived.

Twelve levels of management is excessive. The modification procedures I've had to work to have had many fewer levels, and I rejected more than half of the proposed modifications, mostly because the people who had proposed the m wanted to do things that would have been easier for them, but wouldn't ha ve worked.

Finding out why they wouldn't have worked did sometimes involve talking to quite a few people.

I once had the pleasure of pointing out that a change that somebody in mark eting was objecting to was a change that he had endorsed a few years earlie r.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to