NEVER BUY MAXIM

Sooner or later, they will hurt you.

--

John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc picosecond timing precision measurement

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com

the only product I ever used from them in a thing was an SPI-programmable clock oscillator, it operated vaguely as the datasheet said but figuring out the particulars had to come from blog posts I never would've figured it out from the information _they_ provided.

Reply to
bitrex

rather like the Trump administration, busily trying to actively murder political rivals:

Reply to
bitrex

He stopped her from getting on a plane. Planes can crash. She's safer at her vineyard home.

CNN is like PBS; all they do is attack Trump, whether it makes sense or not. It's got beyond boring.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

"Nice plane ya got there! Would be a shame if something were to....happen to it"

Nah there's other news there also, sometimes they slam Giuliani and John Bolton and Newt Gingrich and other reconstituted ghouls from the 1990s that I had thought President Drain The Swamp was going to dispense with.

Giuliani is so easy it almost makes one feel bad to besmirch him, like kicking a turtle.

Reply to
bitrex

Yah, right. Thing is, Dems aren't used to GOPs that fight back. Note to self: never start an eighth-grade-style fight with POTUS--you'll lose big.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Reminds me of the eight-grade-style joke about being a gold medalist at the Special Olympics. Okay no prob you can be the champ if you like.

Reply to
bitrex

Stuff that's second-sourced, e.g. the MAX80x POR chips, is generally safe. The last time I used a unique Maxim chip was 20-odd years ago. It was the MAX900 quad comparator with latch, a truly beautiful device--about 10 ns response, and (crucially for my design) its latch was in the input structure, which meant that you could do pulse-stretching by AC coupling the output to the latch pin.

That's vastly superior to hysteresis, because (a) the minimum pulse width doesn't depend on what the signal does, and (b) it doesn't push crap back out the input.

Of course they ditched it just when my gizmo was about to go into production. (It was an interferometric particle counter for use inside vacuum chambers in semiconductor processing equipment.)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

http://electrooptical.net
http://hobbs-eo.com
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

this is news?

Jasen Betts

err, bigly.

I heard on NPR this morning how badly Trump is doing in the polls. Funny.

I also read that his Hispanic support is now up to 50%.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Ron Brown.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

It's no doubt eight-grade ugly. I'm trying to break my T addiction*. I don't click on any news stories that have Trump in the title. That cuts out about 90%. George H.

*I can't wait to see what stupid childish thing he does next. (I dream of a Prez. Pence.)
Reply to
George Herold

Polls are silly these days.. it's all tribal, so ~52% don't like him and ~42% do... and it doesn't matter what the issue is that's how the poll will be. (+/-3% for statistics)

(I do look at 538... for all the 'being steady' he is dropping, the derivative is not good (for him).)

George Herold

This is a revealing item about fake news CNN and the wall:

Cursitor Doom

Of course walls work.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Trump did not stop her from getting on a plane. He just stopped her from using an Air Force plane for sight seeing. Should be done for all Congregational junkets regardless of political party.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

Nope. The British are one of the few countries who *do* pay their full whack towards NATO. And what's Australia supposed to be threatened by?

Cursitor Doom

Not if you're foolish enough to believe FAKE NEWS CNN they don't! :-D

Cursitor Doom

Eight grade political tit for tat. I'm afraid it will only get worse.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

Sorry that was in response to who are our Allies, that stuck by us.

GH

Reply to
George Herold