Neutrino FTL refuted www.faster-than-light.us

Mathew Orman

admformeto

Pretty *crap* reductionism going on there!

'our experiment didn't find neutrinos lost energy because the neutrinos should have lost it because we thought it should, may be, yup, we know we are right by our own righteous claims, and since we didn't find energy loss, ergo we conclude neutrinos did not travel faster than light. '

Reply to
7

Reply to
Sam Wormley

Just got through posting on FTL Neutrinos, and noticed this link.

It seems the neutrinos did not lose the energy they should have in flight. I would like to know if anyone can direct me to the ICIRRUS(sp?) site and their calculations?

Bruce Williams

Reply to
bbwilliams

Neutrino fundamental energy is effected by gravity strength alone. It is fastest matter at Gamma infinity for motion that never accelerated. Its Gamma infinity is conserved always.

James

Reply to
james thomas

Found their paper in arXive.

The ICARUS team states in their Abstract that: "For this value of ? a very significant deformation of the neutrino energy spectrum and an abundant production of photons and e+e-­? pairs should be observed at LNGS."

And in their paper they also say: "As well known, a charged particle travelling at a speed exceeding the one of light is necessarily emitting coherent radiation (Cherenkov radiation) in a characteristic light cone."

And here appears to be the fault in their logic. A particle born at a speed lower than c in a vacuum would be emitting Cherenkov radiation when it entered an area with a lower value of c because its transfer of energy would cause it to slow down.

This may not be true of a particle born above c in a vacuum. This may be true because, looking at the mathematical curve for mass/length/time on the side for a particle born above c we see that as the particle sheds energy it goes faster, not slower. This increase in speed has not been studied and as such we don't know its effects yet. +E .|. .|. Born < c - | - Born > c - | - -- | -- -- | -- --- | ---

---- | ----

0 c 2c |0E

The data ICARUS supplies may point to this anomaly because:

Figure 2 - Does show that the muon momentum distribution is consistent with the neutrinos going slower than c.

Figure 3 -They used data before it was completely corrected, so its usefulness is very suspect. And even then this data shows a slight reduction from the expected results, but within range of the expected results.

Figure 4 - The Monty Carlo distribution result is out range from the data results. The two peaks do not line up either. This would be just an anomaly in the data except the curve fit to the data points shows a consistent shift in the data to a lower value than we would expect.

Figure 5 - If Cherenkov radiation is not emitted when a particle born > c speeds up, or if the radiation emitted is out of the detector expected energy ranges then this graph becomes inapplicable. This may be the case, since Cherenkov radiation is emitted in the region of the graph where a particle goes from above the c for that material to below the c for that material. In this case, no Cherenkov radiation may be present and no pair production may occur.

Putting 3, 4 and 5 together would say that there is something in the data that does not quite fit.

Overall, the ICARUS data is suspect enough both in values and concept to the extent that it can not refute the FTL times by OPERA.

Bruce Williams

Reply to
bbwilliams

Using theories that FTL neutrinos would probably undermine. Experiment rules.

--
Dirk

Full Spectrum Praxis : ZERO STATE : http://zerostate.net
Reply to
Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

"admformeto" wrote in news:jamdce$ubk$ snipped-for-privacy@news.onet.pl:

Someone likes to over-promise and under-deliver. Site still hasn't launched, you still haven't uploaded your videos, etc.

Reply to
eric gisse

uii, Matthew is heavy crossposting. Were the faster-than-light-delays an economic success ? The nobel price wasn't issued yet for them.

R.

Reply to
Rene Tschaggelar