Negative Voltage Offline SMPS

Good day everyone,

Can anyone shed some light on making a negative DC voltage mains(offline) SMPS?

I've designed quite a few offline switchers, but i've always created

+9 or +12V DC with them. Now, I have a requirement for a -48V DC Power supply that runs off of mains (65-280VAC) power. Incidently, I need it to give me about 4A (200W).

I'm familiar with offline switchers, and I know the dangers and precautions.

Any help greatly appreciated! Ben

Reply to
bbawkon

Oh, Also, Space is tight. All of the offline switchers I've made in the past have been somewhat physically large - can anyone give me some tips for lowering the size of the footprint (Especially the HEIGHT).

Thanks again! Ben

Reply to
bbawkon

Design an isolated +48 volt supply, and use the positive terminal as the common.

--
Regards,

John Popelish
Reply to