neede simple pwm controller

I am looking at doing a multi-purpose experimental battery charger board. (M-PEBCB).

I use a 48v battery grid to run my house. It is 8 strings of 27M deep cycle Sears Die Hard. I am looking to do a 100A/48V charger w/PFC. I also have a 12v charger that needs a controller and I would also like to experiment with MPPT algorithms.

I intend to use a PIC to develop the current command signal. PIC will have all the hooks for current and voltage sensing. I am looking for some kind of PWM chip to follow the pic.

I would like just a controller with one PWM output to run a buck with synchronous rectifier. I will level shift and do gate drives separate. I think a 8pin part should be able to do what I want.

Any Ideas?

Reply to
Yzordderrex

(M-PEBCB).

cle Sears Die Hard. I am looking to do a 100A/48V charger w/PFC. I also ha ve a 12v charger that needs a controller and I would also like to experimen t with MPPT algorithms.

ve all the hooks for current and voltage sensing. I am looking for some ki nd of PWM chip to follow the pic.

chronous rectifier. I will level shift and do gate drives separate. I thin k a 8pin part should be able to do what I want.

why not PWM directly from the PIC?

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

Good call Lasse Langwadt Christensen.

I did a small charger for the AN/PRC-152 using a pic.

It was an elegant solution to the problem. The problem was I couldn't find a charger that I could synchronize to a clock. Military radios want to ke ep everything synchronized in order to Minimize noise splatter in the sensi tive receiver.

I'm not sure if I want to do that again. I would think there would be a sm all 8 pin part that can generate pwm and maybe have some other functions th at might be useful. I can probably do it with a dual op-amp or comparator, or even a 555! Just kicking tires and seeing what is out there. I don't m ind using a 30yo part if it works.

Thanks again

Reply to
Yzordderrex

LTC6992. ATtiny13.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

The LT part looks like it might work out. I'll let you know.

Thanks Bob N9NEO

Reply to
Yzordderrex

It's going on the board - thanks Win.

Reply to
Yzordderrex

What did you choose?

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

I'm going to use the LT6992 part you suggested. I will use it to drive a synchronous buck for battery chargers.

Reply to
Yzordderrex