Need some help with OBD2.

I have a 2011 Nissan with a push to start intelligent key.

I lost the FOBs and need to start the car. I have the ECU pin, but can't talk to the car using an ELM adaptor.

Apparently, it doesn't turn on the CAN bus communications until the car is in ACC mode.

Does anyone know how to issue commands straight to the immo ?

I have both an ELM USB cable and a VAG+CAN+K cable.

Thanks,

Neal

Reply to
meherneal

All of THIS was used in the same posting.

FOB ECU ELM CAN ACC

immo ELM USB VAG CAN K

Amazing!!!

Reply to
DUHHHH

These videos might help:

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

Wouldn't it be simpler to steal another car ?>:-}

(There's an after-market source for the FOB's... shop around, usually less than $100.) ...Jim Thompson

           To those of us in my age bracket...

           GREEN means inexperienced and/or incompetent.

Not really. For the acronym challenged:

FOB = Key fob. The thing that dangles from the key chain that unlocks the door and makes the car run.

ECU = Electronic Control Unit. The main black box that controls all the other black boxes.

ELM = ELM327. A microprocessor by ELM Electronics that is used to convert OBD2 (On Board Dignostics) data into something intelligible by humans.

CAN = Controller Area Network bus. Used by black boxes and gizmos in the car to talk to each.

ACC = Accessory mode. That's a key position where you can play with the radio and LCD console buttons without running the engine.

VAG = Volkswagen/Audi K-Line = ISO Protocol ISO9141 on a one wire bus.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Jeff Liebermann

Pretty sure e.g. OnStar will start the engine for you in an emergency even if you don't have active service as a courtesy, if you call from a phone # that's on an account associated with your VIN.

NissanConnect or whatever might do the same if the 2011 is new enough to have it

Reply to
bitrex

Or a reposessor

Reply to