Need schematic

Need the schematic for

4VWIN Wireless Home Security Driveway Alarm

or Harbor Freight Home Security Driveway Alarm

or ? whatever name it is sold under.

I want to modify it for my special application.

Reply to
OGER

Buy one and reverse engineer it

Draw schematic

Cheers

Klaus

Reply to
Klaus Kragelund

You must like the sound of your own voice too.

I do not care to unsolder comp> Buy one and reverse engineer it

Reply to
OGER

Such as an IED, maybe?

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

I had the original Harbor Freight unit pretty well figured out, and made several modifications. Then they went to surface mount parts and changed the type of circuit, and the parts considerably! I gave up on deciphering the new unit. If you get info, I'm interested. Mikek

Reply to
amdx

Insulting those that offer help isn't very helpful.

The Harbor Fright unit costs a fabulous $12.99. Surely you could afford to buy an extra unit to dissect and analyze. After reading some of the 2557 reviews, starting with the lowest rating, it might be helpful to buy two spares, as one is likely to be non-functional. There's also some indication that there are at least 2 models, the current one of which has problems. With 376 one star reviews (about

15% of the total reviews), I would be seriously worried about quality.

What you will probably find inside are two PCB's. One for the PIR motion detector, and another for the 433MHz transmitter. A matching

433MHz receiver in the remote. Something like these: You could probably build something from scratch easier than you could modify an existing product.

As for your "special application", permit me to offer a horror story from my checkered past. At one point during the 1980's, I decided to morph into a consultant specializing in RF design. I was approached by someone who wanted me to build an IR perimeter alarm system. Close enough to RF, I guess. He had a good story about installing it on his turkey farm to detect escaping turkeys and marauding predators. I produced a workable design, built a working prototype, and later arranged for 25 more. I was paid promptly and fairly, which should have been a clue that something was not quite right.

About a year later, I was visited by the sheriff and "asked" to attend a meeting at the districts attorneys office. My customer had used the perimeter alarm to protect is marijuana crop and had wired a shotgun loaded with rock salt into the system to deal with intruders. Some local kids were the first victims. I managed to talk my way out of being charged with assault by claiming that I only designed the system and therefore had nothing to do with how it was installed or used.

Since then, I have avoided and treated with suspicion any mention of "people detector", "motion detector", "perimeter alarm", and other such devices.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

I have to agree with the OP. He replied to a (somewhat snarky) post that was not intended to be helpful, rather just an opportunity to make some noise here. I guess we don't have enough random words tossed around in this venue.

Rick C.

Reply to
gnuarm.deletethisbit

That sounds about as exciting as the time I got a visit at my workplace from an IRS and FBI agent. Something about trafficking cocaine! I ended up photographed and finger printed at some downtown office, when I protested they said well we can just put you before the grand jury then. I wish I would have went before the grand jury. Anyway, had nothing to do with me, I just happen to purchase a pickup truck from a drug dealer. The dealer happened to be the son in law of the people that owned the business my wife worked for. I had very little awareness of this person, I think we were both at the company Christmas party, but I could not have picked him out. This was in the very early 80s. Mikek

Mikek

Reply to
amdx

I beg to differ. You appear to consider replying in kind to be an acceptable method of discourse. From my experience on Usenet, that's an invitation to an endless series of insults and counter insults between those involved. Nobody wins, nobody loses, and nobody cares. My comment was intended to defuse the situation so that neither party felt obligated to retaliate.

Maybe think if it this way. The price of having questions answered on Usenet could include some abrasive comments.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Jeff Liebermann

When I do computer repair or consulting, I have had almost no difficulty getting paid for my work. However, my consulting jobs and projects are different. Getting paid has been difficult for me. Fortunately, most of my jobs are "quick fixes" and "damage control" where the billing doesn't approach anything that would affect my lifestyle. I also have other sources of income. Over the years, I've had occasion to consider litigation, but have never bothered because return on investment in time and money would not have been worthwhile.

attend

I've also had my share of regrettable incidents when I was young and stupid. However, the perimeter alarm project was when I was about 37 years old. One might expect that I should have known better, trusted my suspicions, or at least investigated the client. Nope, I blundered ahead without covering my posterior or verifying anything he claimed.

I hadn't thought about the possibility of misuse until Phil Hobbs mentioned an IED.

For that amount, I too would have sued. However, the average consulting job produced about $15K net. California small claims court is currently limited to $10K. At the time, I vaguely recall that it was limited to $2,500, which was not worth my time, while a regular lawsuit would have cost too much in legal fees.

Good idea. However, like collecting on fees, my typical clients don't want to sign anything and will contrive whatever excuses are necessary to avoid signing.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Jeff Liebermann

Well, it would be nice if it didn't, but it often does; some people being more abrasive than others. ;)

Cursitor Doom

The threat posed by ever more powerful cheap lasers from China is something the authorities appear to be overlooking.

And then there are all those folks designing their own viruses aided by cheap PCR machines, also from China, that need looking into urgently.

Cursitor Doom

Cursitor Doom wrote in news:poei61$3kk$2@dont- email.me:

many

by

Consumers have access to consumer grade goods. AMD makes their new Ryzen CPU for consumers with like 16 cores or such.

The stuff the pros and the supercomputer builders use have 32 cores for 64 process threads. I will be building a waveform analyzer using the 2990WX. They are like $1800 each. PCR machines? They don't require much. Remember "Sneakers"? The future is quantum decryption.

Reply to
DLUNU