Need Bare PCB with XC9500 PLD in PLCC84 Package

Hello everyone,

I need a cheap and dirty board to program a small quantity of XC9500 PLD's. I have all the software and programming cables I need and I have other boards for other packages but I don't have the PLCC84 packge.

So I need a bare PCB with footprints for a XC9500 PLD in the PLCC84 and its JTAG pins connected to a header of some sort. Obviously it will need power inputs as well but I can solder what I need on.

Does anyone have something like this laying around the lab that they'd like to get rid of? I will certainly pay for shipping and a small price for your troubles.

Thank you. Feel free to reply directly to this email address.

Reply to
James Morrison

I realise that is the normal course of action. However I have done a PLD design for a customer and he would like some programmed chips sent to him so he can incorporate them into a board that he designed.

If I can have the chips arrive at the same time as the PCB's then it saves him some time.

I can hand-wire together this board if necessary but if I can pick up a spare board then I can save myself some time.

Reply to
James Morrison

James, You are supposed to put the header on your target board. Then you can make changes and improvements later, if required, and don't need a socket.

Tam/WB2TT

Reply to
Tam/WB2TT

Munir,

That's perfect! Exactly what I'm looking for and no hand-wiring.

Thank you everyone for your input.

Cheers.

Reply to
James Morrison

How about this:

Munir

Reply to
Munir Mallal

Hi James,

There are 84 pin PLCC sockets with pins on the bottom on 100 mil centers. You could put that on a Vector board with a few bypass caps, VCC and GRD connections, and the header. If you are not going to test it, I think you can leave all the IO pins floating. BTW, I bought such a socket from Mouser for about $2 for use with a 95108. Using a board meant for a different use could cause problems. For example, you might want to program an IO pin as an output that the board has hard wired to VCC or GRD. Tam

Reply to
Tam/WB2TT

How about a vero board, solder a PLCC84 socket onto it and wire it for programming?

--
Reply to nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)
Nico Coesel

I've got a PCB design here that will do what you want:

The artwork file is available, so you could easily make your own PCB.

Leon

Reply to
Leon Heller