Need a SD (memory card) controller chip.

Hi All,

I need a SD memory card controller chip, I also need to porting some MCU code, and need UART interface, low speed as 9.6K is enough.

Best regards, Boki.

Reply to
Boki

Do you mean something like this?

Marc

Reply to
Marc Ramsey

Boki =BCg=B9D=A1G

Dear All,

Due to the cost, I hope it only support SD ( no need to suppor others, ex: CF, MMC,...).

Best reagrds, Boki.

Reply to
Boki

SD cards must support the SPI interface. So any microcontroller with a built in SPI interface can control an SD card.

You can download the MMC card spec from SanDisk to get the details.

Reply to
Nevo

The MMC spec is not the same as the SD spec, unfortunately. One can get a copy of the minimal SD spec for free but not the whole spec without joining the club. The entire spec is necessary to fully implement SD.

I am using a device from Winbond that supports SD and SDIO, but I had to sign NDAs to get the source. I have no doubt you will run into the same issue.

Cheers

PeteS

Reply to
PeteS

Have a look at

and related:

Regards,

Adrian Jansen           adrianjansen at internode dot on dot net
Design Engineer         J & K Micro Systems
Microcomputer solutions for industrial control
Note reply address is invalid, convert address above to machine form.
Reply to
Adrian Jansen

I heard that:

  1. SD is a superset of MMC, thus MMC code can use SD cards
  2. The 4-bit SD interface isn't a big deal
  3. Only the 'secure' aspects are closely guarded
  4. The security has been cracked, so it isn't secure
  5. Almost nobody uses the security features

So I presume one can get code to use SD cards without the complete specification.

Reply to
Kryten

PeteS =BCg=B9D=A1G

built

Thanks a lot, I think NDA is not an issue. :)

Best regards, Boki.

Reply to
Boki

I dont think he will run into the same issues , nor will i .

The market will be free , or it will die , take your pick ....

Patents hold society hostage by those who only copyied others , but got to patent office first ! Can You say Bill Gates !

Reply to
werty

Did you find an SD Card Host controller? I am looking for one and could use some help. The dosonchip looks interesting but i think would be too slow. I need a concurrent write of 1Mbytes/s and a read of 2Mbytes/s.

A USB to SD card bridge would be OK. or a SD Card Host controller with a A/D bus.

I need to keep the cost

Reply to
Joe Birch