Name for new company

Whatever you pick, google it.

If you ever tried to look up anything related to an Iomega Zip drive, you already know that.

Reply to
Mike

:

on

hes. Kris Kringle. Wonderland. Krugerrand. We have all kind of possibilitie s to work with

own. But I would sure appreciate any input :-)

I advise to not worry with marketing crap. I was the chair of an IEEE cons ultants group once and we had someone speak to us about marketing. In his many years of experience he tried a large number of marketing techniques in cluding social media, paid advertising, SEO, etc. In the end the only one that worked was personal contacts.

--

  Rick C.

  -- Get a 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
gnuarm.deletethisbit

Am 29.03.19 um 22:39 schrieb John Larkin:

I'm German, but that reminds me first at Sisyphos. Punished by Zeus for being more intelligent than the gods with eternal senseless work.

Do I hear subtle critique from a consultant?

Consultant's creed: It is our policy to give the people what they want. That's very strong medicine and usually needed only once.

I think there was a car named Nova that was quite a failure in Latin America.

regards, Gerhard

Reply to
Gerhard Hoffmann

????? when I google Iomega Zip drive I get a bunch of results related to the Iomega Zip drive

Reply to
bitrex

Reply to
amdx

CR is us :-)

Reply to
amdx

It was in their interest to keep sending me the mags for a few months. I did and do buy a lot of the parts that they advertise. The free subscription form just needed a company name. Well, it *was* the name I was doing business under.

I only use my real name. Whereas John Doe is likely fake.

lunatic fringe electronics

7:29 PM (3 hours ago)

Do you have any idea how few people know what you mean by that ?

Reply to
jurb6006

CCR or CnCR for cost and complexity reduction CCLess

--
Regards,
Carl Ijames

CR & LF might get a few grins.

Reply to
mpm

This x1000. Another fad is to take those stupid nonsensical names that convey nothing and cram them together as one word.

SpiderCloud comes to mind. (Which has nothing to do with insects or the weather.)

Reply to
mpm

"Pajero" didn't go too well either.

Reply to
Clifford Heath

It's not about how clever you can be. If you're small... The business name should be the shortest distance between new customers and you. Communication is the process of conjuring up the desired image in the other guy's mind. Clever is the enemy of that.

Can you register a domain name that looks, smells, tastes like what everybody thinks when word of mouth mentions your business? If the potential buyer's first, second, third...guess takes him elsewhere, you failed.

Is somebody gonna hassle you for copyright infringement or some other technicality? They don't have to win to bankrupt you.

30 years ago there was a consultant doing business under the name Rat Sass Productions or something similar. Clever, cute, memorable. But no idea what he did or how to find ratsass.com or ratsaas.com or or or. And the smartass attitude doesn't instill confidence.
Reply to
Mike

amdx wrote in news:q7m0od$qko$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

LMM

Lean Manufacturing Masters.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Klaus Kragelund wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

There's two 'S's in there and there are two asses in there.

Shoulda got barred by the warden.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Klaus Kragelund wrote in news:8b4bf54b-eacc- snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

The use of "SS" is in "lock-up".

Warden SS.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

"Tim Williams" wrote in news:q7mcag $rt6$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

Razor Strop Manufacturing Refinement, LLC

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

I did consulting for 10 years and never bothered about a funny name. As someone told me then: if you are a 1-man-shop the customers will refer to you by your real name.

I did bother about getting a scalable logo. The founder of the company i worked before that had made a beautifull, intricate logo. That was scaled down to be put on a GateArray-IC to

4x4mm size. Just a funny white blob was left.

MfG JRD

Reply to
Rafael Deliano

Of course if you decide to "pivot" when other opportunities come along it helps to have a name that isn't too specific. Trade-offs.

--Spehro Pefhany

Reply to
speff

Or Google, Yahoo, Uber...