N-chl MOSFET Jellybean??

Anybody got a suggestion for an N-channel MOSFET power device (prefer TO-220 or similar) that Joe Hamhand can get in East Undershirt Ohio on a Sunday afternoon?

Thanks,

Jim

Reply to
RST Engineering

IRF530?

IRF530PBF

Martin Riddle

Yup. That restricts your selection pretty much to what Radio Shack has. Here ya go:

But not on Sunday mornin' cuz then Joe Hamhand is s'posed to be at church, ya hear? :-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

If you need to do this pruchase more than once, its wasting time to not stock up so you wont need to. Such things are cheap compared to journeys out.

NT

Reply to
NT

Not if you need only one for a hobby kit. $2.19 at the local Radio Shack sounds expensive but the "better deal" at an online store can easily turn into $10 or more with shipping. Or several times that if you have to add lots of stuff you don't really need to get above the minimum order limit.

Plus you have it that same Sunday afternoon, not next Thursday. Oh, and dad can send the family to the ice cream parlor and browse around the store for other stuff he "needs". Ok, then you'll have to factor in the cost for the ice cream :-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Thanks,

Jim

Reply to
RST Engineering

Ok, the Radio Shack part I mentioned should work for the US and I believe they've got them in Canada. But British Isles, there someone local should chime in. You may have to note an alternative part in the schematic, preferably one endorsed by Her Majesty :-)

I think the stores around Edgware Road in London have mostly gotten rid of their electronic parts offerings.