Mystery Chip

Just came across this chip in my "collection" and could not find any info at all on it. It is marked

BARVON BC20014 MIC 501269-001

8703 78

The 8703 I know is the date of manufacture but the rest I can't find anything on web searches. Anyone know what it is and where I could find info? Thanks,

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Glover

Found a little info on the company itself in a document

page 119. It seems they were working mainly with CMOS gate arrays. Though the series BC2xx was not listed. Continuing the search. Curiosity piqued. Maybe this is just something destined for some collection or computing museum.

Reply to
Kevin Glover

Barvon was absorbed by Sipex, which in turn was absorbed by Exar. The have nothing on it:

You could try contacting them. Bring an O2 tank...

Mark L. Fergerson

Reply to
Alien8752

responding to

, profharris wrote: The BARVON BC20014 chip was used on an IBM brand hard drive (made by Microscience International Corp.) model HH-1060. This was a RLL Hard drive of the late 1980s.

On an unusual note; this chip was mounted on a riser card perpendicular to the logic board on the hard drive. It is the only IC on the riser card accompanied by resistors capacitors etc. and two right-angle 18-pin female pass-through connectors.

Hope this helps.

-profharris snipped-for-privacy@delmar.edu

profharris