My Present Amusement

My Present Amusement: Listening to this URL via my Soundbridge...

50's Rock-n-Roll, but advertising aimed at high-end techno-geeks ;-) ...Jim Thompson

Pretty good oldies station.

I usually browse around Shoutcast for 50s, 60s and 70s oldies, or play my own home-made CD oldies collections.

Reply to
flipper

I love my Soundbridge.

I get rock-n-roll from all over the world ;-) ...Jim Thompson

Kool.

'fraid I do it 'the old fashioned way' and just use a PC. Or rather, old notebooks I have that work good enough for me..

Reply to
flipper

I don't like to tie up the PC with anything distracting from Spice. The Soundbridge is on the network (doesn't need a PC to work) and feeds audio to my JVC sound system. ...Jim Thompson

If you like oldies, try kmfa.org.

Classical music streaming 24-7, no ads, but a fund drive every 6
months.
Reply to
John Fields

Thanks! Sounds like a good one! ...Jim Thompson

I understand. Same here, which is why I use old notebooks or the HTPC.

Usually one of the old notebooks for just plopping on background music but I've got another one of the (older) PCs set up with a Delta66 for testing amplifiers so when not doing that I might as well use it for a 'hifi' source.

Reply to
flipper

I give my old laptops to grandchildren. Presently THREE granddaughters in college, with one of them graduating from U of A on December 17 !! ...Jim Thompson

They sound easy to please. Remember my (now, not so) little guy? He requested for Xmas a laptop considerably more powerful than the one I use!

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Of course ;-) But everything is so cheap now-a-days! Isn't the progress of technology amazing!

I could be a great-grandfather is just a few years ;-) ...Jim Thompson

Bunch of young whippersnappers! In my day we used a pencil point, razor blade....

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Reply to
Dan

Yeah, yeah, yeah. And you walked to school barefoot in the snow.

Uphill

Both ways

And were thankful

I live on the Gulf Coast. What the hell is "snow" and "uphill?"

Reply to
flipper

I also live on the Gulf Coast, near Destin. We get snow every few years. I grew up in Massachusetts, we had snow and hills. You are just deprived. Walking barefoot to school, uphill, both ways, builds character. Like getting up before dawn to milk the chickens and get cow eggs.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Reply to
Dan

Yeah, but cow eggs taste like crap.

Fried chicken milk is pretty good, though.

Reply to
flipper

Colorado. ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Well, they wouldn't want these as mp3 is just about all they can do.

Congratulations!

Reply to
flipper

?DIST=AOL?TGT=AOLRadioPlayer

What happened to Ch 58 in Destin? I built that TV station almost 20 years ago.

--
For the last time:  I am not a mad scientist, I'm just a very ticked off
scientist!!!

?DIST=AOL?TGT=AOLRadioPlayer

Beats me, I use cable. The country station in Crestview is long gone.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Reply to
Dan

?DIST=AOL?TGT=AOLRadioPlayer

;-)

play

Wasn't it on cable? There were several country stations when I was working in Destin. I think the station was at 602 Mountain Drive, in Destin.

The original rock & roll station in Ft Walton beach went dark while I was there. It was the crappiest built AM station I've ever seen. they transmitted from a cheap TV tower with pieces of copper wire run down the legs, since it was so rusty. The single studio was full of homebrew junk, a couple cart machines and a turntable. I was looking for a cart machine and went to see if they had one fore sale. They claimed they had sold all the equipment to another station for $20,000. What a joke!