my brain

This is from a CD that a medical research group sent me, for participating in a study. I used the Aliza viewer. There are presumably two fractures and three brain bleeds in there somewhere, but I guess you'd have to be a radiologist to spot them.

I got 1500 images on three CDs, from a total of about 5 hours in a Siemens MRI, over about a year. All that structure is cool.

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature

Two more weeks of daily radiation/chemo and then I'm back to the MRI for lots of purty pictures ;-) Hope for a shrinkage! ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Well, I hope you can get over this and keep being, well, what you are.

I'm recovered from the crash without much lasting harm [1]. I think. Maybe I'm stupid and crazy now but just don't know it.

[1] my auras and hallucinations are different now. I preferred the old ones.
 Click to see the full signature

Looks like a big hole right in the center, a substantial fraction of your brain is missing.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Thanks! (I think ;-)

It's funny. People complain of hallucinations, but I've found I can often create a whole Hollywood-grade movie when I'm asleep... usually quite enjoyable >:-} ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Those are the social and language and music parts. I don't want them anyhow.

 Click to see the full signature

It might be the reptile brain. You know how it works in layers.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

I see a thin spot on top, one of the fractures?

Martin Riddle

No, he's bald. ;-)

Reply to
krw

No, those were front and back. Maybe that's my soft spot, and will close when I grow up.

Absolutely not!

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature

Ah, the cold-blooded part shows up dark. Some use it primarily for business transactions.

--sp

--
Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

Have you tried consulting a phrenologist?

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Brains are handy.

FWIW, you can see a series of sections from the side view (sagittal) of a normal, youngster's noodle here...

(Mouse wheel scrolls through the series.) (Except for Robert Baer :-)

Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

Some gorgeous person, Shari Bellafonte maybe, said that "brains are great but when they give out, it's good to have a body to fall back on."

I got *paid* ($250 a session) for those MRIs!

 Click to see the full signature

That's the ventricle, everybody is supposed to have a pair of them, they generate the cerebrospinal fluid that bathes the brain and spinal cord.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

Reply to
bitrex

I was 19, working in what was then the most advanced hospital and research centre in India, and one of the top in Asia. One of my doctor friends was convinced that I must have a very rare blood type and persuaded me to have it tested. It turned out that I have the most common one - type O+.

Reply to
Pimpom

Doctors are often wrong. Quick office-visit disgnoses are not very repeatable. I've been subject to a lot of medical errors, none fatal so far.

I almost lost a retina... it was flapping around loose (just a few cells thick!) thanks to a medical blunder. Luckily, I found a guy who was smarter than the first guy was dumb, and he fixed it. The human eye is a very weird design.

MDs are great but don't trust them. Some things are better to fix yourself.

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature

On a sunny day (Tue, 13 Jun 2017 07:17:18 -0700) it happened John Larkin wrote in :

If you are a worm, just grow some new heads...

Maybe going to space helps...

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

And yet the average Brit, and probably American, has a childlike view of them as invariably right when someone disagrees with them. My life would be over twice if I'd followed some of their more stupid advice.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr