Music for Electronics Design

A little curious as to what everybody is listening to while doing pcb drafting, schematic capture, parts shopping, running spice, doing math, assembly and test..etc.

Or do designers generally work in silence?

Here's some stuff I listen to while doing electronics design. Infected Mushroom

Reply to
D from BC

Local Right Wing Talk Radio, Fox News, Mozart ;-)

...Jim Thompson

At one job I spent more time listening to a client on the phone whine about when their project will be done (even though it wasn't overdue), more than the music in the background.

--
Linux Registered User # 302622
Reply to

I do.

John

I do that a lot... forget to turn on the radio in the morning and don't notice till mid-afternoon ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Me too. If I need to drown out somebody yattering in the background, I put on the Anonymous 4 or the Hilliard Ensemble.

Cheers,

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Found some Anonymous 4 to listen too..Miracles of Sant'lago Damn... :P Can't pronounce the song titles.. Laaa llaaa llaa laaa laaa llaaa Fk the electronics.. I feel like getting in a bubble bath surrounded by candles and putting some cucumbers on my eyes :P That or start an evil fanatical cult. :P

Good music for the 'The circuit doesn't work.. Don't freak out' situation. :)

D from BC British Columbia Canada.

Reply to
D from BC

Classical, because classical music makes you smarter, and I need all the help I can get.

--
Tim Wescott
http://www.wescottdesign.com

Tim Wescott

Baroque concertos or, for the tough days, polyphonic masses and motets (Byrd, Tallis, and that crowd).

--
Rich Webb     Norfolk, VA
Reply to

Other than Gregorian Chant and some classical, I simply don't like music, so it's total silence for me. God knows how anyone can focus with head phones pumping heavy metal into their ear'oles :)

Reply to
john jardine

The headphones at least prevent the heavy metal - lead, Pb, from getting pumped into their ear'oles in the shape of solder splashes!

Reply to
Anonymous.

I do need silence, I just cannot work without it. Nor if there is someone else hanging around. I guess this is one of the reasons why I got into the habit to work roughly starting at 4 PM until 4 AM...

I either listen to music or work, I guess I am pretty thorough with either :-).

Dimiter

Didi

On Mon, 28 Jan 2008 17:21:44 -0800, in sci.electronics.design, D from BC primped and preened:

T-Bone Walker Buster Benton Little Walter Big Walter Horton Lonnie Johnson John Lee Hooker Axel Zwingenberger Juke Boy Bonner Gatemouth Brown ...

Reply to
Plank

With some obnoxious individuals, I'd like to pump some Pb in their ear'ole via a .38 slug ;)

Reply to
john jardine

Tim Wescott wrote:

Well, perhaps...

Don't feel like the Lone Ranger.

Reply to
JeffM
Reply to
Brendan Gillatt

Eno's Ambient stuff works for me: "Music For Airports," "Music For Films," "Plateuax of Mirror," "Apollo," the Fripp-n-Eno "Evening Star." If I'm really productive, I put on "Here Come The Warm Jets" or "Taking Tiger Mountain (by Strategy)."

If I'm stuck in a rut, I pick a card from the Oblique Strategies deck that lives on top of the computer monitor. Today's Oblique Strategy: "Honor thy error as a hidden intention."

-a

Reply to
Andy Peters

Rage Against The Machine.

--
Paul Hovnanian	paul@hovnanian.com
Procrastinators: The leaders for tomorrow.

Beat that computer! :)

One of my favorites.. 'Renegades of Funk' Rage Against the Machine + Crystal Method

Nice toroid winding music.

D from BC British Columbia Canada.

Reply to
D from BC

It's the guy that made the Microsoft sound. Gotta wonder how much he got paid for 3.25 seconds of sound.