Murata 1W small isolated module

Well, not "beads", chips rather. Multilayer.

A typical 2k in 1206 size, will saturate at a few 10s of mA, taking down about half (but not all of) the step in question.

Tim

--
Seven Transistor Labs, LLC
Tim Williams

Mmmh. I have a few 1206 ferrite beads in stock. I'll measure them too.

Jeroen Belleman

Reply to
Jeroen Belleman

Digikey 490-1051-1-ND. For the sim, I used a part in the standard LT Spice library, a Wurth 2.6K thing.

The native inductance of beads is only loosely correlated with 100 MHz impedance, but I should be OK.

Wurth is sure a weird company.

lunatic fringe electronics

Worse so for high impedances, because the peak is closer to, or below,

100MHz. Typicallly the impedance on the slope of the peak is about 1/10 to 1/100 of the impedance given by the LF inductance.

LF inductance isn't even a useful metric for ferrite beads; the peak Q might be 5 or 10 somewhere in the 100kHz range.

They have some well documented products, a lot of awfully expensive products, and a few undocumented products. I put in a CMC recently that "doesn't exist". Their website is a mess.

Tim

--
Seven Transistor Labs, LLC
Tim Williams