Multi-function tool question

Has anyone used the multi-function tool to CUT ceramic tile, or just grout removal?

I'm replacing my 15 year old built-in 'barby' equipment with modern glow-tube units (propane), slightly different face-plate dimensions forcing me to cut tile.

I have a classic little (3-3/8") hand-held Makita tile saw, but wonder if the multi-function tool might be easier to control.

Thanks!

...Jim Thompson

| 1962 | I love to cook with wine Sometimes I even put it in the food

I find an angle grinder with a diamond disk easier to work with, even for very small stuff. Because the disk is spinning very fast it makes straight cuts automatically. Just make sure to wear ear and eye protection!

Multi-function tools like dremel (google that if you don't know what I mean) are difficult to control especially on hard surfaces.

                     "If it doesn\'t fit, use a bigger hammer!"
Nico Coesel

:Jim Thompson wrote: : :>Has anyone used the multi-function tool to CUT ceramic tile, or just :>grout removal? :>

:>I'm replacing my 15 year old built-in 'barby' equipment with modern :>glow-tube units (propane), slightly different face-plate dimensions :>forcing me to cut tile. :>

:>I have a classic little (3-3/8") hand-held Makita tile saw, but wonder :>if the multi-function tool might be easier to control. : :I find an angle grinder with a diamond disk easier to work with, even :for very small stuff. Because the disk is spinning very fast it makes :straight cuts automatically. Just make sure to wear ear and eye :protection!

I agree with your recommendation Nico. Also, make sure the diamond disk is specifically for masonry cutting since you can also get a disk for metal cutting.

Reply to
Ross Herbert