MTA-100 connectors

The tin-plated ones? Or did you find a gold version?

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

I respect that these are valuable instruments that deserve to be repaired and your do-what-needs-to-be-done attitude, BUT seriously ... aren't there design jobs that make better use of your skills? Doing repairs, especially a lot of soldering, seems to be a very inefficient use of your time. Diagnosis, yes, but soldering? Your lab definitely needs another tech.

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt

Yes, but I thought, swap two boards, how hard can it be? Answer: too hard! We absolutely need another technician.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

Tin. We use them for power, in clean environments.

It's important to use the right wire (AWG and insulation type/thickness) and a good shoot-in process.

We licensed one design to a semi equipment company, and they sent that to the low-bid CM, and they did mess some up, wrong wire and bad tooling.

Reply to
jlarkin