Mouser's EU sales division really really sucks

Has anyone been buying from Mouser's EU sales division?

Days go by with emails unanswered, weeks go by after the payment was made (with parts in stock).

Is this universal "Mouser" experience?

Regards, Mark

Reply to
TheM

I use them very rarely.

IIRC I have had the problem that stuff shows as in stock with their suppliers rather than Mouser. The stuff seems to come to them by camel train.

Reply to
Raveninghorde

You in the UK? I'm in the US and order from them occasionally -- it's always been a good experience.

Perhaps someone at Mouser has a drunken brother in law who lives in the EU someplace, and that's how Mouser EU came about.

--
www.wescottdesign.com
Reply to

If you think they're bad try dealing with TI's jobber. God they suck!

Must be something with the EU side. I order from the US division with no problems. I prefer Mouser, if I get my order in by 6pm I'll have it the next day.

Reply to
Joe Chisolm

It seems somehow a wire transfer is taking more than 10 days and they don't bother to respond to e-mails until you really flip your lid. Slow wire may not be their fault, but lack of attention certainly is. I'll just avoid them in the future.

TheM

Ditto Digikey.

Digikey also handles TI samples for them. If I ask for free samples in the afternoon from the TI web site, they are on my desk when I get in the next morning, FedEx from Thief River Falls.

It sure sounds like europeans have a harder time getting parts than we do. Someone here said that, in some countries, you have to be a registered business to buy electronic components.

John

On a sunny day (Tue, 26 Jan 2010 10:43:54 -0800) it happened John Larkin wrote in :

No problem getting parts here, there are so many: RS, Farnell, Conrad, lots of smaller shops, my PICs were here the next working day. But I have never tried Mouser, why should I? Many shops here have optional 24 hour delivery too (will cost you extra though). And a 20 minutes drive will get most electronics stuff immediately :-) Try that is the US..

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

More like 40 minutes for us. The USA is a lot bigger than any european country.

John

On a sunny day (Tue, 26 Jan 2010 11:07:24 -0800) it happened John Larkin wrote in :

Russia is bigger, and last time I looked was in Europe. USA is a lot smaller:

Jan Panteltje

------------------------------------- I am the Customer Service Coordinator for International sales at Mouser Electronics. Firstly, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience or lack of customer service that you experienced on your order! If you don't mind could you please e-mail me at snipped-for-privacy@mouser.com with your order number or even just your e-mail address you used when placing your order with us and I will look into your order and see where the breakdown occurred and what we can do to make this better.

Again, I greatly apologize for the lack of service you seem to have received and I hope you will come back to us in the future.

Best Regards, Heather

Electronics Enthusiasts' Community of the Net Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - sci.electronics.design - 369718 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
hmorrison

Farnell and RS are good. But sometimes I need quick access to a wider range of parts that the likes of Digikey and Mouser stock in the US.

Reply to
Raveninghorde

John Larkin schrieb:

I prefer Digikey (If total amount is >65¤ for free shipment) to most German distributors.

A Digikey order placed before 10 p.m. german time usually arrives within

36 hours. The same order to Reichelt usually arrives two hours earlier, because DHL delivers at 10 am, UPS at 12 ;-)

Same here, except that we have to wait until next morning, which is

12:00 here and -5 ... 8 hours in the US.

Never had any problem getting parts from Digikey to Germany. (Except for Hammond-Housings: They were not listed with a ¤-Price, but I managed to order them anyway. Digikey charged some 50¤ for shipment, because I ordered in USD...)

Will try Mouser next time.

Falk

Reply to
Falk Willberg

Since they matched Digikey's free UK shipping for £50 orders I seem to be using them significantly more than Digikey - pricing is often a little lower, and they have the one feature that DK's otherwise excellent parametric search is missing - sort by price.

No complaints at all with them

Reply to
Mike Harrison

Mouser is generally very good (in the US at least). The only problem I see is that the stocked Qty's on the web site may occasionally be wrong or someone else might beat you to the balance on hand.

Martin Riddle

Just the western part (i.e. Ukraine, et al.). The rest is Asia (Siberia, et al.). 'Course, not many people live up there.

I don't remember where they cut the "Eurasian plate" in geology/geography though.

Tim

--
Deep Friar: a very philosophical monk.
Tim Williams

Dear Heather,

its definitely nice to see such prompt response and that you're keeping an eye on the design community's needs.

I think the culprit may be very slow wire transfer (>10 days!) and possible e-mail spam filters on your end blocking my emails to you.

I will e-mail more details directly.

Mark

Reply to
TheM

Sometimes you hunt for last batches of obsolete products and just have to take what you can find. Plenty of shops here as well, just not stocked up with any exotic stuff you can think off.

Mark

Reply to
TheM

I ordered some transistors from them a few months ago. Everything went fine (similar as digikey or farnell). That was my first experience with them.

Pere

Reply to
oopere

TheM wrote: : Has anyone been buying from Mouser's EU sales division? : Days go by with emails unanswered, weeks go by after the : payment was made (with parts in stock). : Is this universal "Mouser" experience?

No, I've been very satisfied with Mouser service here in Finland.

If I need something the next day, I order from Farnell typically. Their search engine is annoyingly slow, however, which has really moved me to order from DigiKey or Mouser whenever the delivery time is not critical. If there is a large number of components to search, I may still use DigiKey, even if I'm in a hurry. When finishing an order in late hours after the next-day order window for Farnell has closed, it may be advantageous to order from U.S. even from the delivery time point of view.

The Farnell search engine suddenly slowed down when they 'improved' their web pages a few years ago. Before that their engine was OK. It's beyond me how some script-kiddie bunch of coders can talk management of any company into such 'web page improvements' which clearly leads to loss of customers. It's nice that there are alternatives, such as DigiKey or Mouser.

Regards, Mikko

Reply to
Okkim Atnarivik