Mouser now stocks MiniCircuits parts

Including the magical SAV-551+ pHEMT. That's the good news. The bad news is the price is double what it is on minicircuits.com.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

But minicircuits.com and their partner have also substantial handling fees...

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Uwe Bonnes

I last ordered from them in August--$9.75 shipping. Of course they're right down the street in Brooklyn, so UPS ground gets here in a day.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

At least on the german mouser website the parts are listed with kimted availability and no price.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Uwe Bonnes

At least on the german mouser website the parts are listed with limited availability and no price.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Uwe Bonnes

I could start a thread on this topic....Is it necessary to write a new post to correct an obvious grammatical error? Do people think you are sloppy o r a lesser person for writing something that has a mistype in it?

I am of the opinion that most all of these posts are done in haste and are not here for formal review. We are just posting our thoughts. As such, it is OK to have errors in the post. If you are concerned that someone will judge you as inadequate because of a grammatical error on one of these foru ms then you are taking it too seriously.

I am not criticizing , but as a philosophical thing are you bringing more v alue to the group when you post a new post to correct a mistake that every reader would have automatically corrected. In other words, there was no mi scommunication in the first post. Our auto error correction worked just fi ne. So why the second post?

Reply to
blocher

It took me a moment to understand your complaint because Uwe's original followup does not appear on my server due to Uwe's Supersedes: header. Apparently you use one of those usenet servers that refuses to honor the Supersedes: header.

Regards of venue, it's best practice to communicate your thoughts as clearly as possible. Although you may clearly understand what you intend to communicate, everybody else may not understand your intentions as clearly as you do. There's nothing wrong with using a Supersedes: header to correct a grammatical error. That's why it's part of usenet protocol.

Thank you,

--
Don Kuenz KB7RPU
There was a young lady named Bright Whose speed was far faster than light;
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Don Kuenz

Haha - I learned something new....that there is a supersedes.

Reply to
blocher

I just got the announcement email from MCL a day or so ago, so they probably aren't in stock over there yet.

MCL stuff deserves to be more widely used--they're a great outfit. They publish reams and reams of RF data. Apart from sometimes switching MMIC fabs (and thereby changing the undocumented behaviour that some of us exploit), they almost never discontinue anything. I designed their low-cost SBL-1 mixer into the first commercial product I ever designed, which was almost forty years ago. They still make it.

The only other outfit I know that's that solid is Microchip.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

LT317 is still an active part! $5 each!

Science teaches us to doubt.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
jlarkin

new post to correct an obvious grammatical error? Do people think you are sloppy or a lesser person for writing something that has a mistype in it?

Well, I judged the error as "sinnentstellend", as it was no more clear anymore what I to point out.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Uwe Bonnes

st to correct an obvious grammatical error? Do people think you are sloppy or a lesser person for writing something that has a mistype in it?

e not here for formal review. We are just posting our thoughts. As such, it is OK to have errors in the post. If you are concerned that someone wil l judge you as inadequate because of a grammatical error on one of these fo rums then you are taking it too seriously.

value to the group when you post a new post to correct a mistake that ever y reader would have automatically corrected. In other words, there was no miscommunication in the first post. Our auto error correction worked just fine. So why the second post?

He is talking about a German web site. It has been more than once that a n on-English term was used here and at first I had to think if kimited was a German word. But I agree, a repost was likely not needed, still, there's n othing wrong with being clear.

--
  Rick C.

  - Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Rick C

AD still makes the LM329, too. Three times the price of the National/TI one, but slightly better specs.

LTC was another company that didn't discontinue stuff, but AD isn't--we'll see how that plays out. (I used to really like the AD639 trig generator chip--I used it in my proof-of-concept scanning atomic force microscope long ago.)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Cheaper if you only need 1-5.

Reply to
Flyguy

A bit smaller multiple, but not actually cheaper. With parts like that I rarely buy less than 50--I'm expecting to be in the biz another 15 years or so if my health holds out, so time is still money. ;)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs