Mouser

When I try to go to Mouser.com, I keep getting eu.mouser.com, and all the prices are in euros. ????

--

John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com

Top right, select country dropdown box.

Tim

-- Seven Transistor Labs Electrical Engineering Consultation Website:

Tim Williams

Are you bragging or complaining?

Reply to
John S

I don't see that. I can change pricing from euros to dollars, upper right.

If I open mouser.com, I am always redirected to eu.mouser.com. If something is in stock, is it in stock in Europe?

Try it and see if it's the same for you.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Top right of the Mouser home page has a country flag. Click on it and select the stars and striped.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

Click on the flag icon

I had this happen before. You can also delete any mouser.com cookies. That cleared it up for me.

--
Chisolm
Republic of Texas

Are you prehaps being automatically logged into your Mouser account? If so, the Account Summary saves your preferred country and currency. Login and check "My Account" in upper right corner or:

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Jeff Liebermann

I don't see a flag icon.

Yes, it was a cookie problem. At some point, I must have done a web search and clicked on something that linked to eu.mouser. After having accessed Mouser, as a US user, hundreds of times.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Are you using a VPN?

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

-- Dr Philip C D Hobbs Principal Consultant ElectroOptical Innovations LLC Optics, Electro-optics, Photonics, Analog Electronics

160 North State Road #203 Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net

Phil Hobbs

I just checked and every page I visited has a flag icon at the top along with a language selection pull down, even the eu.mouser.com home page. At the EU page it isn't a US flag anymore though, dark blue with a circle of stars I believe. Looks like that is an EU flag.

--

Rick
Reply to

Yeah, it wasn't obvious to me that that blue thing was a country selector. Can't imagine how a red-blooded American like me got tagged as a european.

Precision electronic instrumentation

No, I just picked up an infected cookie somehow. Unless maybe California has defected to Europe.

Precision electronic instrumentation

It just dropped into the other ocean when you weren't looking. ;)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
ElectroOptical Innovations LLC

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

I tried

and all was in dollars. Has been for ages. No drop-down or country..

Reply to
Robert Baer

They seem to have a new random generator. I just tested and it showed Norway. I have never been there. Last I accessed it was from Germany, now I'm in Taiwan. So even if they used some IP-address locating it does not make sense.

--
Reinhardt
Reply to

If you ever clicked on a link that was passed to you, it might have had the national tag attached. Then, your state is saved in a cookie and subsequent visits (to non-national-tagged pages) redirect you according to the cookie. Two workarounds: select 'never accept cookies from this site' in the browser, or bookmark a portal to Mouser that sets your appropriate national tag.

"mouser.com" is all countries. "

" is, I believe, US-specific

Reply to
whit3rd

The EU is trying to take over the whole world - they got us a while ago but we're still wriggling to try and escape before completely suffocated.

MK (in South West Scotland, proudly part of the UK).

Reply to
MK

--
Say "Thank you" to the nice man, Johnny.

John Fields
Reply to
John Fields

--
It was probably your patronizing air.
Reply to

Yes, had the problem once, you hit the language option somewhere, trying to put it back to USA never worked for me.

I had to delete the cookie for mouser..

Jamie

Reply to
Maynard A. Philbrook Jr.