motorola XAC719 (Pwm controller?)

I have a dell laptop 18 volt power supply that I like to convert to a 12 volt by changing some feedback resistors.

The main iC is marked with the morotola circle with the "AA" (fancy M?) in it and and the part number XAC719. the package is a SOIC 16 but only 14 pins are brought out. Pins 15 and 14 are not brought out. It doesn't look like they were broken off.

Checked onsemi.com with no dice. anyone know where I can get a datasheet for this guy?

Reply to
Mook Johnson

I have a dell laptop 18 volt power supply that I like to convert to a 12 volt by changing some feedback resistors.

The main iC is marked with the morotola circle with the "AA" (fancy M?) in it and and the part number XAC719. the package is a SOIC 16 but only 14 pins are brought out. Pins 15 and 14 are not brought out. It doesn't look like they were broken off.

Checked onsemi.com with no dice. anyone know where I can get a datasheet for this guy?

Reply to
Mook Johnson

I would guess it is a custom IC made for Motorola by Freescale. Their Energy Products Group is OEM for some of the Dell battery packs.

Reply to
Craig Bergren