Motor controller

Hi !

I was planning on creating one motor controller for my crystalyte motor. Its three phase 1,5kw blcd motor.

Can someone share ideas on pwm design and or basic schematics ?

Reply to
en2

Just buy one on ebay.

220 volt 1 or 3 phase in. 220 volt 3 phase out

120 volts in, 1 or 3 phase in, 220 3 phase out.

lots of choices starting at $0.99

Reply to
Tom Miller

If you're a raw beginner, I suggest that you look for development kits from the microprocessor makers. Get a kit that does what you want, sorta, then modify it from there.

--
Tim Wescott
www.wescottdesign.com

Try this book:- "Electric Drives and their Controllers" by Richard M. Crowder, ISBN 0-19-856565-8.

--

******************************************************************** Paul E. Bennett IEng MIET..... Forth based HIDECS Consultancy............. Mob: +44 (0)7811-639972 Tel: +44 (0)1235-510979 Going Forth Safely ..... EBA.
Paul E Bennett

Thanx for suggestions guys, but i would like to build one from teh scratch. I made few dc controllers up to 500W but i newer try to make one with three phase..

Reply to
en2

On Sat, 26 Jul 2014 11:42:26 +0200, en2 wrote: (top posting fixed)

Well, the book suggestion should be spot-on, then. Motor controllers is a book-length subject, if you gather all the bits and bobs into one spot.

As for starting with a demonstration board (or schematic) -- having a working example of something you've never, ever built before is often a great help in making sure that you're not doing something profoundly stupid.

--
Tim Wescott
www.wescottdesign.com

I have a design that (in theory) can handle up to 5KW with suitable cooling, although I only run it at a few hundred watts.

Basically, though, the "design" is just a motor control MCU and a motor driver chip, plus a few discretes around it. Most of the problem is solved in software or on-chip peripherals.

Reply to
DJ Delorie

----------- Could not agree more :-). I will definitively do that.

@DJ quite nice design and idea. Did you try to upgrade this to higher power output ? btw. which linux distro ?. Am on ubuntu 12.04.