more urban lumbersexuals

I expeact that each button can be "in" or "out" to attenuate or not attenuate.

--
     ?
Reply to

I only dress like that to wedding (tomorrow) and funeral (soon for a dieing uncle).

No, but blame Steve Job for starting it.

Reply to
edward.ming.lee

Didn't he wear turtlenecks?

I figure that it's my duty to always wear semi-clean jeans and a plain tee shirt, to help snub down the extreme oscillations of men's fashion.

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature

He started downsizing dressing.

Yes, should always be clean, worn and torn.

Reply to
edward.ming.lee

Yo y'all still discussing men's fashion?

It's cool. Just asking.

Reply to
bitrex

No, torn is another fashion affectation, and makes your knees cold.

 Click to see the full signature

Specifically, "software engineer" fashion. The entire tech industry has become increasingly fad driven. Fads are associated with booms and busts.

I know a cute female engineer who wears Star Wars tee shirts. A geekboy's dreams.

 Click to see the full signature

Clockwise from top right:

"What do you know! Only 2 diodes in the sampling gate"

"Wow! A bridging sampler"

"Yep, just the thing you need for dual trace measurements"

"90 psec? Why light can only travel an inch in that time!"

"Yes sir, pretty nice for setting optimum response and setting those maximum BW measurements"

"Look! They put the response adjust control on the front panel"

"Sensitivity to 1mV/cm with automatic smoothing"

Reply to
Pimpom

58o is kinda warm still, that's actually t-shirt weather for doing outside labor.
Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

But not for standing outside and talking about relational databases.

Well, there is maybe a little arm waving.

 Click to see the full signature

Huh, I somehow (where I grew up) love the seasons, without a cold winter would summer feel as warm? This week there's a string of

80+ (F) days, with scattered T-storms, it's like summer, perfect timing. I bought meat to grill on the way home. (steak and hamburger 80/20, best for burgers.)

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

Thank you!

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

And this year we had just enough winter (in your area and mine) but not too much.

Like an adagio non-troppo movement.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

He should ask her to go to a monster truck rally on a first date. Don't mention Star Wars at all, every other geek boy does that. Think outside the box.

Reply to
bitrex

This bunch was all guys.

--
John Larkin   Highland Technology, Inc   trk

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
 Click to see the full signature

The other bunch:

vs. real lumbersexuals:

We miss you Kate!

John :-#)#

Reply to
John Robertson

One can never have too many soldering irons or chain saws: Yes, you can mix chain saws and electronics:

I attended a college with an identity problem. The college was originally an agricultural college, which was morphing into an engineering college. It was easy to recognize which students attended which type of classes. The agriculture students wore suits and carried brief cases. The engineering students wore blue jeans, boots and sometimes cowboy hats.

Methinks the lumbersexuals might be more correctly labeled as hipsters:

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

My Stihl looks like that, but my bar is bigger. :^) The only other one is an electric Makita, mostly used by my wife, but the light weight is nice when trimming over your head.

George H. (

Reply to
George Herold

That's not the stock bar. The chainsaw is a Stihl MS180, which came with a 16" bar and a narrow chain. It works nicely, if you don't mind pulling on the starter handle 5 times before it will start when cold. However, the narrow 0.043" chain doesn't cut very fast and needs to be resharpened about twice as often as the normal 0.050" width chain. So, I bought a replacement 0.050" bar and chain on eBay: Although 16" and longer bars were available, I chose the 14" bar because I use it mostly for trimming, pruning, and opening theft proof packaging. For felling, I use one of the bigger saws.

Hopefully, she wears a hard hat and safety glasses when she trims over her head. In the solemn words of OSHA, it is written: "Do not cut directly overhead". When I can't find a safe (usually uphill) place to stand, I use a pole saw, which gives me an 8ft head start before running for my life. I suggest you buy her a pole saw. It might not look as cool, or cut as large a limb as a regular chain saw, but it's somewhat safer.

The partly obscured yellow saw in the background is an "Eager Beaver" Mac 16ES electric, which I use when I don't want to irritate the neighbors by making too much noise.

Full disclosure: I wear aluminum alloy toe Wolverine (Cirrus) work boots, jeans, and khaki shirts, for everything except formal occasions. Not exactly lumberjack high fashion, but close. Switching from engineering to chainsawing does not require a change of costume.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Do you know the latest thing in women's clothing?...........men

Reply to
djlocher56