more urban lumbersexuals

I had to push through another bunch of big mean looking guys blocking the sidewalk, dressed in big boots and plaid lumberjack shirts, talking loud at one another. About data bases and cloud apps.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

So men shouldn't dress like women and they shouldn't dress like men either apparently. How DO you prefer men to dress? Maybe u missed your calling in fashion design engineering

Reply to
bitrex

They can dress as they please. It's just funny that guys who type code all day want to look like construction workers. It's the new uniform.

The Silicon Valley engineer look was once very different, white shirts and skinny ties.

Did I offend you?

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Suits & ties can give me the same chuckle...

Welcome to the human race!

John ;-#)#

Reply to
John Robertson

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Drifting further off-topic

My favourite name of a test unit is Wobbulator, an ancient tube device that I just picked up...

ftp://ttl.arcadetech.org/TTL/Test_Equipment/Wobbulator.JPG

John :-#)#

Reply to
John Robertson

It processes video? What does it do?

One button to set attenuation to 10 Db [sic] and 3 buttons all say 20 Db?

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

I can't read it. Unfortunately google can't find a better copy.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

I think you offend a great many people. Good thing most of the world doesn't know you exist.

Rick C.

Reply to
gnuarm.deletethisbit

Not nearly as impressive as the Turbo Encabulator:

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

http://electrooptical.net
http://hobbs-eo.com
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

What? You don't recognize musical notation? I think 20 Db would be ultrasonic though, around 18 MHz.

Rick C.

Reply to
gnuarm.deletethisbit

A wobulator is an RF sweep generator that uses a vibrating variable capacitor, sometimes made from a speaker cone.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Looks like a TV FM test instrument, 13 channels of Video carriers and sound carriers.

Reciently, I heard the Wobbulator mentioned in this video,

Martin Riddle

Hey punk, stop pushing through! :^) My belly keeps growing so I'm now ~170 lbs and 5'11". I often wear jeans and plaid. (I leave my Stihl at home, don't tempt me. :^)

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

Those guys wouldn't know which end of a chainsaw to grab.

"Where's the USB port?"

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Chain saws are scary things, maybe more dangerous than cars. We should all just stick to soldering irons.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

dB

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Isn't it kinda warm there for plaid shirts (which are usually heavy fabric)?

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Were they wearing suspenders and bras?

Reply to
krw

It's parka weather lately, fog that's almost rain and temps in the

50's. It's officially 58F this instant, but the official weather station is downtown and runs a bit warm.

We're going up into the Sierras this weekend, 6000 feet or so, to warm up a little.

lunatic fringe electronics