More Leftist Ignorance...

...Jim Thompson

| 1962 | "Those [of us] who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night" -Edgar Allan Poe

Over here we don't have many school shootings; we have more knifings. While less lethal, they are still undesirable. Hence there is a proposal to arm our teachers with machetes.

Tom Gardner

Is the NRA /really/ insisting Florida school shooter was part of a well-regulated militia, and therefore entitled to the guns he owns?

Tom Gardner

That's a satire site, btw. Should be clear by the last paragraphs:

"?Yes, for the record, I am definitely suggesting Cleetus and his assault rifle could stop the US Army?s numerous Apache helicopters and satellite targetted missiles ? if he needed to."

Reply to
bitrex

Really? Golly gosh!

Perhaps the words in the menu bar above the logo are accurate.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Perhaps you prefer:

"President Bone Spurs gives lecture about bravery. A man who got himself five military deferments to avoid getting shot at has criticised people who won?t run towards gunfire today."

or

"Death Eaters angrily reject calls for wand-control legislation. Followers of Lord Voldemort have accused opponents of ?politicising? the use of the Avada Kedavra killing curse in the wake of the latest attack on Hogwarts."

Tom Gardner

Needs to be a little smaller and pushed up and out of the browser frame better!

It didn't seem at all incongruent with something the NRA would actually say up until the paragraph about helicopters - Poe's law

Reply to
bitrex

Oh, those are less subtle spoofs, but the verbage in the first link didn't seem at all out of character with things the NRA says routinely.

"However, NRA spokesperson Chuck Williams said, Look, the second amendment very clearly says you can have as many guns as you want if you?re of a part of a well-regulated militia, and this young man was his own well-regulated militia of one.

That?s right, he was his own well-regulated militia, which makes his gun ownership perfectly legal. In fact, this nation is made up of millions of one-person well-regulated militias ? I bet you didn?t know that, did you."

That whole quote is a completely plausible NRA talking point

Reply to
bitrex

Yup - that's a hallmark of /good/ satire, and NewsThump is better than most :)

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Just so; that's why I chose them :) But they are still pertinent and amusing comments.

The articles related to UK topics are equally good, but I doubt left pondians would understand them.

For example, this is spot-on:

"Cabinet announces unified backing for Brexit plan that has already been rejected by the EU. Theresa May was hailed as a great peacemaker on Friday as she convinced the warring factions within her government to sign up for a comprehensive negotiating approach that every power broker in the European Union has already dismissed out of hand."

OTOH, left pondians should "appreciate" this:

"Republicans demand Second Amendment be changed to remove right to ?not bear arms? Right-minded Republicans are demanding that everyone in America be constitutionally forced to arm themselves with one or more guns regardless of what they personally think about the matter. NRA lifer, Chuck Williams, said, ?The only way to deal with guns in schools is to have more guns in schools. In fact, the best way to deal with guns, in general, is for everyone to have more ? many more ? guns everywhere."

Tom Gardner

"Hey look, buddy, I'm an Engineer. That means I solve problems. Not problems like 'what is beauty?', because that would fall within the purview of your conundrums of philosophy. I solve practical problems. For instance, how am I gonna stop some big mean mother hubbard from tearing me a structurally superfluous new behind? The answer: use a gun. And if that don't work? Use more gun."

Reply to
bitrex

Weapons-grade pepper spray might be more reasonable.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

If teachers are required to simultaneously be armed security then they should simultaneously receive teacher and armed security salaries, IMO.

Reply to
bitrex

The Right hates teachers so much they'll use any pretext to try to stick it to them even dead kids.

If armed security in every classroom is the only solution they can see to the problem then pass a spending bill to hire professional armed security for every class.

Reply to
bitrex

More Thompson ignorance.

Somebody may have confused velocity with energy, but the headline was, "Handgun Bullets Are Ineffective In Stopping School Shooters", a point that has been missing from the conversation. Trump, who loves his hands, thinks his bare hands can stop an AR-15 shooter. The average cop on the beat is not well-enough equipped.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

You've never been reasonable in your life.

Reply to
krw

You know better. I'm really surprised at your response.

Reply to
krw

Krw pretending to be a judge of reasonableness has a fairly high comic content - not one that he'll be aware of, of course, since he doesn't know what reasoning is.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

If someone hires you for a job and suddenly six months in your boss tells you "Oh by the way this job is actually extremely dangerous and it's so dangerous you're going to need to carry a weapon on you at all times from now on" you're not going to at least ask for hazard pay?

I'm definitely not some fashion of communist putting my life on the line for the State for free. Sounds a lot like being a mercenary, and mercenaries get paid.

Reply to
bitrex

Nobody that I know of has suggested that teachers be required to be armed. It has been suggested that some with the proper skills could elect to be. Most teachers wouldn't be effective with weapons.

We need better non-lethal weapons.

lunatic fringe electronics