More audio madness

More audio madness: In German:

It says that Sony will market a new audio CD with pits made with a Blu-Ray mastering machine. Supposed to give less jitter and so less bit errors.... Those CDs will be more expensive though.

The article remarks also that this may be to make better use of the Blue-ray mastering machines...

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

In other words, it's a marketing gimmick to sell CD's at an even higher price.

If you want to play a CD with no bit errors, first copy it to a .wav file on your computer with Exact Audio Copy. If that program says it copied it without errors (as it does with almost all visually clean CD's), then you can play the .wav file on your computer and be reasonably sure there are no bit errors in the playback.

If the CD gives erorrs, polish it (with car polish) and try to rip again.

But what could be better than the latest Hollywood blockbuster movies...ahem.

Reply to
Ben Bradley

Been some good ones lately actually. Ironman, Dark Night, Indy 4. YMMV of course.

Not quite in the same category (:->), but I just won a short film contest:

"Dihydrogen Monoxide" in the short film category.

Dave. P.S. I'm not giving up my day job!

Reply to
David L. Jones

On a sunny day (Sun, 09 Nov 2008 19:30:25 -0500) it happened Ben Bradley wrote in :

Linux has a similar program: cdparanoia I have used to to make a perfect copy of a severely damaged music CD.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje