money maker circuit, just design it (and find right buyer)

If i came out and described this particular item, it would be "stolen" by a major consumer goods maker and be impossible for someone in this NG to make a reasonable profit if they tried this.

First the potential designer must be well-grounded in switching circuitry and in non-linear loading effects.

Second, if you do design this item for commercial sales, you must be willing to pursue the marketing etc OR know someone able to take on that burden.

The item is medium power,about a kilowatt runs of mains power, and generates about 1KV.

You will be battling the majors: GE, Sharp, Kenmore, etc.

If seriously interested, send me an e-mail and i will disclose the concept; your cost will be your time, no$$.

Reply to
Robert Baer

Still drying out from the weekend's boozing ?>:-} ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

That's the problem with "open source"--once it's public and anyone can make it, the behemoths with existing infrastructure & manufacturing economies of scale, win the benefits of the new idea.

So, paradoxically, open-source might decrease innovation, or at least reduce opportunities for small new competitors to enter the fray.

Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

I don't have time to take on a serious high-power design just now, but I'd be happy to design-review the concept or, later on, the detailed design. Totally confidential. If you insist on giving me 0.1% of a billion dollars, I could donate that to my favorite charity.

I did a 1400 volt thing recently and it was fun. And I somehow didn't get zapped, even once.

(not a kilowatt, obviously)

I cut the ground plane out under Q4 and Q7, to reduce capacitance, which maybe wasn't a great idea; they are the hottest parts on the board.

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature

A Zika Mosquito zapper???

Martin Riddle

I'll have to submit pictures of my fly catcher... they're cannibals

...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

What's the usual percentage cut for a contractor on an invention when you have to be the design guy, the sales guy, and the marketing guy?

Reply to
bitrex

Sorry, wrong guess; i do not drink, and this is a serous offer.

Reply to
Robert Baer

This item is hardware, not software. This item AFAIK has never been designed before OR the design may seem impossible. The item wold be used / incorporated in a household appliance.

Hopefully, i have not said too much..

Reply to
Robert Baer

Going to guess a microwave clothes dryer.

Reply to
John Miles, KE5FX

I see the "ghost" aka absence of ground plane. You cut out as much as you could get away with; obviously then capacitance to ground was a definite issue. Try putting in a plane with a 5-10 mil ring around it - to act as a heatsink. Yes, there will be capacitance to that but since it is floating, maybe the net capacitance will be low enough to be acceptable. Worst case, bootstrap those planes?

Reply to
Robert Baer

Item is a common household appliance.

What you are talking about is a Zika Zapper (TM)*.

  • The "TM" has yet to be applied by someone..
Reply to
Robert Baer

I think you have. The black helicopters are on their way!

--

Rick C
Reply to

Then you should find investors, rather than hackers. ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Good question!

I think the USPTO says you can get your name, exclusive, on a sheet of paper, for that effort. Plus a few bucks for their time.

:-)

Tim

--
Seven Transistor Labs, LLC
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Tim Williams

I'm for a ultra-rapid carbon-arc toaster.

piglet

Reply to
piglet

Ozone sterilizer for the clothes dryer? (Does anyone here have the connections to try and market a consumer device?)

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

I don't think you've said enough to tempt anyone. Ideas that the ideator thinks are great aren't exactly hard to find.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

You are saying that all you have is an idea for a product. That tends to be not worth much in real life. Your best option is to get a patent, but then you'd better have a heap of money to get the patent and defend it. Or maybe just sell the patent to some BigCorp or patent troll vulture and let them defend it.

It is very difficult to sell, or even reveal, an unpatented idea to a potential partner or buyer. You don't want them to steal it, and they don't want to be trapped by a non-disclosure agreement. I have an idea that could be worth a couple billion dollars to one on my customers, and we can't agree on terms to discuss it. Well, they have offered to listen on condition that they then own it outright, for free. It's like "Sign here, stupid."

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature

If I ever wanted to apply for a job at a video game company, I'd be like "Yeah, I'm mainly an ideas guy. Got a lot of great ideas. Coding? C++? Hmm, not really big into it. Not big into that part, you know?

I've got a lot of ideas about games and stuff, though. Ever thought about a FPS set during the Crimean War? That's a good one right there. When do I start?"

Reply to
bitrex