bitrex

Of course. Reboot Windows.

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
 Click to see the full signature

oops.

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

My Agilent has yet to crash. I think it's windows CE.

Martin Riddle

I have no problems with that.

Well,,,

Tim

--
Deep Friar: a very philosophical monk.
Website: http://seventransistorlabs.com
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Tim Williams

The LeCroy is 4-channels, 6 GHz, 20 Gs/s per channel. It does differential PCI Express eye diagrams without a trigger, and I mean without *any* trigger.

We eval'd a couple of digital scopes, this one and a 4 GHz Rohde & Schwarz. Both have a fair amount of ringing on a step or impulse input. Remember when scopes had beautiful gaussian step response? No more; you can claim another 10% or so bandwidth in your ads if you peak it up and let it ring.

 Click to see the full signature

Ain't WinDoze wonderful? Wait for the next version, because SP2 is not going to happen. Err..next version is already out, NOT making anybody hungry. Once u-pun a time someone put a number of swinging openings in a fence, and that magically got inverse defenestrated, and nobody looked for termites in the glass framing; six-legged critters grew and grew. Miracle anything worked.

Reply to
Robert Baer

Rigol. Linux.

Reply to
Robert Baer

What is that in the picture tube cavity? I think a police officer found one of those on the floor board of my car about 40 years ago! Mikek

Reply to
amdx

The Tek logic analyzer runs Windows 2000. I had to boot it with a Linux disk to remove a password that someone installed and forgot..

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

I think it's a spring clip to contact the aquadag coating of the CRT, not a roach clip.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Yeah, but you have to admit it does look like a joint.

Reply to
Pimpom

Its their revenge for you bashing them over and over again. Uhh wait... they gave you a whole new reason to bash them over and over again :-)

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Nico Coesel

our agilent network analyser is winxp, first time I plugged a network cable it started the usual windows song, updates available computer may be at risk , old virus definitions etc.

-Lasse

Reply to
langwadt

"John Larkin" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Avalanche pulse into the 475 was always a nice sharp spike more-or-less at rated bandwidth (i.e., 2ns across).

My "new" TDS460, (unrelated waveforms)

does just the same, except it shows a taller and narrower spike. Of course, with equivalent time sampling, I can crank the timebase up way past anything a CRT can do, so it isn't really "narrow" any more. Think I still need another factor of 2 or 4 to see the true form of the spike, which isn't bad at all for a 2N3904.

The trigger on the TDS460 is interesting. It seems to group towards the end of a signal burst, as if to emphasize the conditions that occured during a loss of signal or something like that. Not sure just yet how they accomplished that, or if it's more or less handy. It seems to produce very stable displays, even in the presence of additive line ripple, which is something the newer Teks don't even do.

Tim

--
Deep Friar: a very philosophical monk.
Website: http://seventransistorlabs.com
Reply to
Tim Williams

What's the bucket and plastic tube for?

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Fred Abse

Draining the oil. Those old '475s needed frequent oil changes.

Speaking of modern oscilloscopes and so on, they just don't stack like they used to. Has anyone found a convenient shelf or whatever that holds the lunch box format of scope, function generator, DSA, etc.?

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Don't be harsh on your Teledyne scope, it uses Teledyne relays. I am pleasantly surprised by my $2900 Rigol DS4024. Cheers, Harry

Reply to
Harry D

That was cooling for the induction heater project at the time, but use your imagination if you like :-)

Tim