Modern looking knobs?

I am looking for modern looking knobs for a control panel application with a panel-mounted shaft encoder for input. So far every knob I've seen looks like it was either designed to go in a bomber aircraft or dates back to 1970's designs. Can someone point me in the direction of a supplier that might offer interesting modern-looking alternatives?

Thanks,

-Martin

http://www.rogancorp.com/pt_spinner.html

JF
Reply to
John Fields

Absolutely, right after you describe what is an interesting and modern look.

Reply to
Don Bowey

Could be that since the 80's most products don't have knobs just funky pushbuttons.

--
Joe Leikhim K4SAT
"The RFI-EMI-GUY"©

"Treason doth never prosper: what\'s the reason?

"Follow The Money"  ;-P
Reply to
RFI-EMI-GUY

I suppose the next level might be knobs made to look like a pushbutton.

Reply to
Don Bowey

Let's do it the other way, here's ugly:

-Martin

On a sunny day (Fri, 10 Oct 2008 14:59:19 -0700 (PDT)) it happened m wrote in :

Touch screen ;-)

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

'Fraid you're going to have to design and build your own - I remember each and every one of these from a ca 1970's Allied catalog. ;-)

So, sketch up what you have in mind, and we can recommend something, maybe.

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Those look like just about everything I've every seen, but you might ask on rec.audio.pro, or search it through Google Groups for knob/knobs, I recall there was some knob makers that target the mixer market where there are large arrays of color-coordinated knobs.

I remember the "round bar" with the pointer on it, that's a true classic knob design I seem to recall from crystal radios. Why not just give in and go for a retro look? :)

Reply to
Ben Bradley

Now there's a market opportunity! A round 1" screen displaying a knob with a touch overlay.

--
Dirk

Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

Well. We are going to go with touch-sensor based scroll wheels (like the iPod). It might work out better.

Thanks,

-Martin

LOL!, I almost suggested those touch rings... they'll be cheaper than pots soon.

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
Jasen Betts