MJPEG to H.264 conversion

Hello, I want to convert MJPEG compressed video (from oof the shelf camera) to H.264 compressed video. Then i want to send over Wifi. Please suggest any IC to do this conversion? or I need to for embedded video processor?

Regards, Vinayak

Reply to
vinayak.aghor

On a sunny day (Mon, 2 Mar 2015 00:30:15 -0800 (PST)) it happened snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in :

Does it HAVE to be ONE chip? Get a Raspberry Pi, run ffmpeg from the command line, pipe it via netcat. Is it one of those cheap IP security cameras? I worte software for that for Linux.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

On a sunny day (Tue, 3 Mar 2015 18:07:43 +0100 (CET)) it happened Nomen Nescio wrote in :

That I why I wrote mcamip:

you can also pipe the output via ffmpeg and then netcat. It looks for the jpegs in the mjpeg stream and extracts those, it also does the required handshaking. Been running 24/7 here for years. Processor load is really low, even without hardware acceleration, but it runs on a real PC, not a raspi. I tried it on a raspi, and indeed you may need the acceleration. USB cams do not work on a raspi at all (USB sucks on those things), even the keyboard loses characters.

Does gstreamer need a raspi license? I have only 2 raspies with mpeg license.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

On a sunny day (Tue, 03 Mar 2015 17:19:54 GMT) it happened Jan Panteltje wrote in :

PS, use

-m 1 on the command line for the Chinese cameras, I should update the website one day. mcamip -h show all options.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje