Mini HDMI 1080P AV HD TV Video Cable Cord

I have an Android tablet. It has a special connector for a HDMI connector cord. Ebay has the cords for these, and they will connect to the tablet, but what does the other end connect to on a HDTV?

I mostly got this tablet because I dont have internet at home, other than access to email and newsgroups via a very slow dialup. I have been taking the tablet to WIFI spots to download youtube videos to watch at home. The screen on this tablet is kind of small, but the biggest problem is that it needs to be viewed straight on, or the LCD screen looks like crap. I have managed to plug the audio signal into my stereo, but I want to view the screen on my TV.

One example of this cable is here:

But how do I connect this to my tv? Is some sort of adaptor or a control box needed, or what? I have never connected any sort of computer stuff to a tv.

Reply to
oldschool

I should have mentioned that I could also connect this to my computer monitor rather than the TV, if there is a way to do it.

Reply to
oldschool

to the HDMI input

makolber

That is not going to work. THe thing that appears to be a HDMI connector on my tv, is MUCH bigger than the one on the android tablet. I did notice at least one ebay ad saying MINI HDMI. So, are there tow sizes of them or what? If there are 2 sizes, do they make adaptors from the small one to the big one?

The one on my tv is probably 1.25 inches long. The one on the tablet is maybe 5/8 inch long and half the width.

Reply to
oldschool

There are actually three HDMI connectors - micro, mini and standard(?) regular(?). There are adapters between the different sizes.

In addition there are adapters for Display Port to HDMI - the Display Port can provide an HDMI compatible signal.

With a tablet, Beaglebone Black and Raspberry Pi I have all three types of HDMI. My laptop has a Display Port, so I also have that adapter.

Reply to
Dennis

note that the cable in the picure has a small plug on one end and a larger plug on the other end.

--
     ?
Reply to

You buy a cable with a mini HDMI on one end and normal HDMI at the other for tablet to TV connections. They are quite common these days most supermarkets have them in the audiovisual department (overpriced).

--
Regards,
Martin Brown

snipped-for-privacy@tubes.com wrote in news:8dg2edhu26cphohg0q6pm4tt1b2297p5ff@

4ax.com:

You are not very bright it seems.

Notice how the small USB micro connector connects to your phone fine and the much bigger other end connects to the charger just fine.

HDMI is the same. You need a cable with the mini HDMI on one end and the STANDARD HDMI on the other.

No shit. They do not need to match.

of

small

The cable you buy IS the 'adapter'. You need to buy the right cable.

is

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno