Microstrip FM transmitter antenna

Is there anyone able to help me design a low power < 10mW FM 88-108Mhz microstrip antenna at 75 ohms?

Thanks!

Reply to
themindfactory

Certainly. What's your $$ budget for the design effort??

Jim

Reply to
RST Engineering (jw)

What is your physical size target? (Always the first Q in antenna design). A microstrip antenna may be impractical for small designs at

100 MHz. Maybe you should consider a loop or spiral-loaded type. BTW, Here are some good references:

Pozar, D.M. & Schaubert D.H. - Microstrip Antennas: The Analysis and Design of Microstrip Antennas and Arrays Bhartia, Rao, Tomar - Millimeter_Wave Microstrip and Printed Circuit Antennas Kraus - Antennas

Pay close attention to Pozar's trick of coupling resonant elements to increase bandwidth ... I thought I invented it in 2000 ... no such luck :-(

Frank

Reply to
Frank Raffaeli

Sure. But we better first figure out if this is possible. What kind of range are you trying to get with your ten milliwatts? Omni- directional?

It's going to be hard to get much range with an antenna shorter than a quarter wave.

Reply to
Ancient_Hacker