Micrel MIC860 and MIC861

Micrel (owned by Microchip) makes fast MHz bandwidth

3V/us opamps that require only 30uA to operate. The MIC860 is a single SC-70-5 and the MIC862 is a dual in SOT-23-8. Does anybody else make opamps having such a low 90MHz-uA FOM?
--
 Thanks,
    - Win

Oops, typo in the title. These are 3 to 4MHz opamps.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

I'm unclear how you came up with that figure of merit. I would expect to divide the GBP by the operating current, so 4 MHz / 33 uA. I don't get anything like 90. Am I doing this wrong?

BTW, the 860 is 4 MHz, but the 861 is only 400 kHz GBP.

Rick C.

Reply to
gnuarm.deletethisbit

Yes, you're right. So the FOM would be 121 MHz/mA, and higher is better. Sorry, the dual p/n is '862.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

LTC6246 is 180M at 0.95 uA

--------- Tel. 06151 1623569 ------- Fax. 06151 1623305 ---------
Reply to
Uwe Bonnes

Thanks, that's superior! Also LTC6255, 6.5MHz 65uA, matches the MIC860's FOM. And they have enable pins.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

So it is unimportant for you if you get high speed or low current as long as as current * GBW is large?

I wonder what application?

--------- Tel. 06151 1623569 ------- Fax. 06151 1623305 ---------
Reply to
Uwe Bonnes

That figure of merit is useful, but only within a set of parts that otherwi se meet a given specification. In particular, the GBW product disqualifies slower parts for many applications regardless of power and vice versa, not to mention many other factors such as power supply voltage range.

Rick C.

Reply to
gnuarm.deletethisbit

Certainly, but a table of parts with best FOM numbers would be a good place to consult for a minimum current drain part, once you establish the other criteria.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

Wow, making op amp tables sounds like a lot of work. Who'd do a thing like that? ;)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

http://electrooptical.net
http://hobbs-eo.com
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

I tried creating a table of ARM CPUs and features sometime around 200x. Within a year the size grew to double and after that I couldn't keep up with the rate they introduced new devices.

Rick C.

Reply to
gnuarm.deletethisbit